
Best cousin friends....
Ok now that you are all caught up I will fill you in on our last week. Like Em said in her blog the Clement family was lucky enough to talk our sweet niece Abby into coming home with us for about a week. We have tried to show Abby a good time here in Amarillo, of course she is from San Antonio where her family has a season pass to Sea World and endless children's museums etc. I did take Abby, Jake, and Riley to see the truly wonderful outdoor play "Texas". The play is set outside against the backdrop of Palo Duro Canyon. If you are not familiar with Palo Duro Canyon it is a state park that local folks call "the Grand Canyon of Texas" it is really very stunning. The play itself tells the story of some of the Texas Panhandle early settlers with much emphasis placed on the beauty and splendor of Texas. There was great dancing, singing, special effects and to top it off there is a beautiful firework display at the end. The kids LOVED it. I think they were the perfect age to really enjoy and understand it all. The main theme did not escape Abby, as we were leaving the amphitheater Abby said in a very reverent voice, "Texas REALLY is a special place". It was priceless!!
I would like to apologize to my fans for neglecting my blog. I really have had a crazy, busy summer (I know... no excuses). I sort of feel it is redundant to post things that other family members have already covered. So if you are truly dying to know what we have been up to please see my sister Emily's blog, Papa Randy's blog, and my Mother's blog I think that they have documented much of our fun summer already. Go ahead and check their blogs I will wait...
Ok now that you are all caught up I will fill you in on our last week. Like Em said in her blog the Clement family was lucky enough to talk our sweet niece Abby into coming home with us for about a week. We have tried to show Abby a good time here in Amarillo, of course she is from San Antonio where her family has a season pass to Sea World and endless children's museums etc. I did take Abby, Jake, and Riley to see the truly wonderful outdoor play "Texas". The play is set outside against the backdrop of Palo Duro Canyon. If you are not familiar with Palo Duro Canyon it is a state park that local folks call "the Grand Canyon of Texas" it is really very stunning. The play itself tells the story of some of the Texas Panhandle early settlers with much emphasis placed on the beauty and splendor of Texas. There was great dancing, singing, special effects and to top it off there is a beautiful firework display at the end. The kids LOVED it. I think they were the perfect age to really enjoy and understand it all. The main theme did not escape Abby, as we were leaving the amphitheater Abby said in a very reverent voice, "Texas REALLY is a special place". It was priceless!!
This was Jake's favorite character, he was the comic relief.
This guy wasn't even in the play he was just working the parking lot. All the other guys with parking duties wore jeans and a "Texas" polo shirt. If you are wondering... yes that is a gun in his holster.
This is Riley and Abby's favorite girl from the play.
They both thought Elsie was sooooo pretty.




2 comments:
Welcome back to blogging--we've missed your entertaining commentary. Loved the pictures!
I agree, we missed you. You go ahead and reprint and tell yuor own tales. We love whatever you post. Love the play and the kids. Keep on posting
Post a Comment