Friday, December 26, 2008

blog homework again :)

This is where I would love to insert a horribly embarrassing high school picture of myself but unfortunately I don't have a scanner. If anyone has a picture of me that would work and they would like to email it to me I would be happy to add it at a later time. Until then I leave you with this:

My friend Erin tagged me forever ago and I never even saw it (this is what happens when you go private young lady). Now I feel like it is my duty to answer the following high school questions with total honesty.


High School Tag:


1. Did you date someone from your school? No never... I was never even asked out (I'm a late bloomer)


2. What kind of car did you drive? I had some pretty sweet rides back in the day. I drove a Dodge Champ we just called it "the champ". I rode the big yellow school bus off and on all three years I was at BHS (the champ wasn't the most dependable). Emily will have to verify this one, did we have the red truck in high school or was that in college?


3. Were you a party animal? Not at all. I went to one party that might have qualified as a "party" but I never animaled it up.


4. Were you considered a flirt? No I don't think so (read number 1)


5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None of the above (it was a big high school and kids tended to get a little lost in the crowd)


6. What was your most embarrassing moment of high school? This might be a little TMI but we all know I SO GO THERE... it would have to have been showing up to school in the morning taking like 14 tries to parallel park the champ just to get out of my car to a sea of people and not realizing it was my time of the month. Enough said...


7. Were you a nerd? I never thought I was, but looking back I might have been a little nerdy. By the way I think nerds are the best and I can only hope that my children will follow in their nerdy mom's footsteps.


8. Were you on any varsity teams? HAHAHAHAHA... oh wait that was a serious question. Um NO.


9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No way I mastered anonymity


10. Can you still sing the fight song? Not even sure there was one.


11. Who were your favorite teachers? I loved Mrs. DiMarco and I liked Ma Bell or course no high school tag would be complete without a shout out to Mr. Nelson my wacky chemistry teacher/lunch buddy (Ahm and I ate lunch with him most days our junior year, why didn't I see the nerd signs back then?)


12. What was your school's full name? Bakersfield High School


13. School mascot? The Drillers (we came from a proud oil town in South Central CA)


14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? I didn't have much driller pride back in the day so that would be a NO


15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No way I'm just glad I survived it all and came out mostly unharmed.


16. What do you remember most about graduation? My family sitting through a horribly long ceremony in the Bakersfield heat of late May. I also remember the kid in front of me was in a horrible car accident just shortly before graduation, when they called his name he struggled up to the stage and then past out. I wasn't sure if I should walk across the stage or just wait it out. Either way I must say my thunder was a little bit stolen.


17. Where did you go senior skip day? I kind of skipped a lot. I did not wait for an official school approved day for such activities.


18. Were you in a club? I was in yearbook, mock trial, and sort of in journalism (mostly just hung out with friends and wrote silly fake articles that still managed to get published).


19. Have you gained some weight since then? Honestly I'm not sure, I never weighed myself back then but I think I look better now than I did back in the day.


20. Who was your prom date? I never went to any proms (once again see number 1).


21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? 10 year?!?! It's been a bit longer than ten years and I never went to any reunions, too far.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Work a little harder in classes and have a little more confidence in yourself because you're smart enough, nice enough and gosh darn it people like you!
I will now tag my mom, Shaunna (Erin tagged you too but I guess you didn't see it either), Aunt Laura, Papa Randy, and Monica (as in Monica Munn). Thanks for playing!!

2 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

Your answers are a little misleading. You may have been a nerd (I LOVE nerdy kids) but you were VERY popular in your wacky circle.

Tamara Atkin said...

I didn't know you in HS, but you are definitely a "hottie" now. I too was a late bloomer and I'm not sure if I was a nerd. It's definitely the best way to go. It's safer to not be attractrive when you are too young and dumb to know how to handle boys' attention. That's my philosophy.