
"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
-Clara Ortega
Today as I was talking with one of my best friends on the the phone I started sharing an idea I got from one of my sisters. My friend (who has never meet any of my sisters) immediately knew who I was talking about. I realized how much I talk about each of my sisters and how much I respect and admire each of them. While they were all on my mind I thought I would brag for a minute and dedicate this post to each of them. I wish I had the time to give each of them the honors they are due, but being a busy mother of four I will just put down the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear their names.
Heather: Inspiring, I have never seen her start a project that didn't turn out better then I could have ever even imagined.
Emily: HARD WORKING, I don't know how she does it. She can't sleep with something unfinished. She is able to do more in a 24 hour day then I could get done in a week.
Sarah: Wonderful friend, I am so jealous of those who live close to Sarah I know she is a blessing in thier lives.
Clare: Beauty, It is easy for all to see her outward beauty but it is her inner beauty, her true compassion she has for others, that I am talking about.
Christina: KIND, KIND, KIND, What a patient, kind mother she is I am inspired by her.
Aimee: Creative, Aimee has made some of the most beautiful scrap books and cards that I have ever seen. Her students and family are so lucky to have her.
Amanda: Motivated, When Amanda says she is going to do something she does it. It might not happen when she wants it to (Oprah tickets) but if she puts her mind to it then it will get done.
Andrea: Independent, Andrea has done things in her life that I would have never even thought about doing. She lives in Georgia where she has made a life for herself with wonderful friends. I admire the courage and independence it took for her to do that.
Jennifer: Funny, Those who know Jen would say I picked such an obvious one but honestly it's the first thing that pops in my mind when I think of her. She keeps us all laughing!!
Brittany: Sweet, When I think of Brittany I always think of that very sweet 10 year old girl that was so welcoming and kind when I first meet my new family to be. To this day I always know I will be getting a hug from Britt.
Like I said earlier these are just the first things that come to mind. Many of the qualities I have listed for each of my sisters would be just as fitting for another sister on my list. I guess bottom line is I am so blessed to have such wonderful examples in my lives. Thank you all for being my sister and friend. I love you all and miss not seeing you but you are always in my thoughts.

2 comments:
Since Liza didn't leave a comment about herself I will leave it for her. Liza: SELFLESS, GENEROUS, AMAZING. When I think about Liza I think about a person who will do anything for anyone. She has so much on her plate but that never stops her from looking around and seeing who else she can help. I know that her life has its share of challenges but she never uses those things as excuses. She is an amazing mom and friend and I wish I could be more like her.
I can't figure out how to make this thing not say "Eric"....this is Emily, can you really imagine Eric saying these things?
Why is it so hard for me to say these things? I guess I need to be in touch with my feminine side....... Forgive me Jeremy, but I think I will work on that.
Post a Comment