Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We're back

After a wonderful trip to California the Clement Clan is back. We look forward all year to our annual summer trip to Bakersfield. This year we had a fabulous time with our family and friends. Some of the high lights were:

A very fun blogger stlye reunion where we were able to meet up with many old and new friends

Jeremy enjoyed lots and lots of golfing

Mom and Dad treated everyone to a wonderful birthday dinner for Riley and Abby at California Pizza Kitchen

The Reed family spent the day in Santa Barbara enjoying the beach, the pier, and a short boat ride around the harbor

I was able to enjoy a wonderful kid free sister/mom lunch date

We all became a little addicted to Wii

Many pool side parties and bbqs

SWIMMING SWIMMING AND MORE SWIMMING

Jake was able to go fishing with his Papa Randy, dad and Uncle Shawn

Late night card games and ice cream runs (I think Jeremy and I counted a total of 5 different ice cream shops that we hit up)

Papa Harm treated everyone to a wonderful birthday dinner in honor of Amanda at Macaroni Grill

Eating at some of our favorite restaurants that we miss out on in TX (In and Out, El Sombrero, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle just to name a few) This truly was a vacation from any form of good food sense...

A wonderful impromptu trip to the Grand Canyon on the way home

And of course best of all was seeing everyone and enjoying each other's company


I can say that all the Clements came home tanner, well rested and in some cases fatter (diet starts today). I suppose all of these things are a sign of a good vacation. Now we are back to our real life if only I can get inspired to finish my laundry and do a big grocery shopping...


We love our family so much and hate that we live so far away however the miles apart and time spent away sure make our time together that much sweeter. Thank you all for the wonderful memories!!


Please enjoy the incomplete photo montage of the trip. Our camera went dead a few days into the trip so I had to rely on others to document everything. I should be getting everyone's pictures soon and I will add more then.


Abby and Riley celebrating their "luau" style birthday party on the patio of California Pizza Kitchen.



Abby, Brooke, and Riley posing for a picture on the Santa Barbara pier, it was slightly windy and overcast that day which was a nice break from the Bakersfield heat.

The whole gang takes a group shot while waiting for our little boat tour of the harbor, everyone was able to make it for the trip except for Sarah's husband Sean and Clare's husband Chris (they both had to work).

Morgan questions, "does this pail make my butt look big?"

Despite the cool temperatures and wind nothing was going to stop our kids from playing a little tag with the ocean.

We have all become big Wii fans, Jake is playing Wii baseball here but I think his favorite was either bowling or the Mercury Madness game.

11 comments:

Torrie said...

Welcome Home!! I'm glad you had a fun trip and survived your marathon drive. I bet the vacation was too short. I'm glad you're back, though. Now we can catch up at GNO!

Monica said...

It was really nice to see you! Wish we'd had more time.

clare said...

It was so fun being with you guys! I love that picture of Morgan on the beach-she has such a funny little personality. Thanks for all the great memories and hopefully we'll see you all again soon!

Laura Swenson said...

I am also glad that you are home. I am hoping we can see you soon. Let me know again when you are coming through Lubbock (and dropping a few things off!) on your way to Dallas.

Love you....

Emily said...

I'm glad you are back!! I'm glad you had such a great trip. It was so fun to see you, even if it was super quick. Wish we had had more time! Good luck staying busy (and sane) for the rest of the summer!!

Tam said...

I am glad you had a great vacation and no we were not there at the same time. I went to Utah last week and then Cali next week. Crazy times!!!

Your girls are so so so so cute. I love that one of them with Abby. And I don't even need to mention Brooke - just makes me want to pinch them!!

Unknown said...

It was sooooo fun being together. I love your family so much and love spending time together. Cant wait to see you again! Maybe the Taylors will plan a Texas trip.

homegirl said...

I'm so glad you had a great family trip! Love the Morgan pail comment, your so funny!

Jenn said...

Sounds like all kinds of fun!

Mom/Linda said...

What a great time! The kids are all getting so grown up. Jake is an absolute delight. He is so much fun just to talk to and be around. Riley and Brooke are getting to be so beautiful and they were both SO GOOD! And Morgan is overflowing with personality. I wish we could see them all more often!

Anna B said...

It sounds like you guys had a great trip. We sure did enjoy our time there with family. We appreciated the sun and swimming we got in too. My kids needed the little color in there skin they got while we were there. Enjoy the rest of your summer. It was fun seeing you all... for a few minutes.