Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hand me downs

We LOVE hand me downs. My brother Carl called saying they were cleaning out their attic and had lots of clothes that their daughter Aubrey had out grown. He wanted to know if we were interested in them. Ummm... DUH! I jumped on that opportunity and about a week later two HUGE boxes arrived. The clothes seemed to never end. I was pulling out one outfit after another. I was shocked at the amount of clothes they had sent us. The really great part was most of the clothes were sizes 4-10 perfect for my girls now and to grow into. All of the kids had funny things to say when they saw how much there was.

Jake: "Aubrey has more clothes than the mall"
"Do you think Spencer has any hand me downs?" (Spencer is 4 and Jake is 8)
"I think this Halloween shirt can be for boys too." (Jake was really feeling a little left out)
Riley: "What will Aubrey wear now that we took all of her clothes?"
"How did Aubrey know I love sparkly shirts?!"
Brooke: "Why are there sooooo many jammies?" (I am embarrassed to say that we have maybe bought 2 pairs of jammies for our kids. They are use to wearing stained t-shirts to bed)
After unpacking the boxes the girls started trying on outfit after outfit and Jake started climbing the mountain of clothes. I can't tell Carl, Heather and Aubrey how excited they made the Clement family. Thanks so much for sharing!!




































3 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

It looks like Christmas! I think I recognize a couple of things in the pile that I sewed a few years ago. I'm glad to see them being given new life.

Papa Randy said...

Defintely a fashion show in the making. I can't wait for the video.

Sara said...

I have to say you have a cute family and I was laughing so hard while reading this blog entry! By the way, I'm a friend of Brooke's, I work with her at the hospital. Sorry to be nosey, but she talks about you a lot! Cute kids!