Friday, October 5, 2007

Guess what came in the mail today?!?!?!



So I won't lie or candy coat it I have been anxiously driving home everyday in hopes that my PIF would be meeting me at the door. I never gave up hope but I was starting to wonder about this "Mandee standard time" as I checked it day after day uneventfully. Well the "PIF prize watch" is officially over. I got home today and what was on my porch but the beautiful sight of a package. I was so excited as I opened it up. I know many of you out there would love to know what some of Mandee's favorite things are. Here is what the package included and an explanation of why they were included by the wonderful Mandee herself:
1. Notebook; to use as a journal, recipe book, a secretary, "calling" keeper, funny things your kids say journal, pregnancy journal (on a personal note this one in NO way applies to me)... I have at least 10 of these stashed all over the house.
2. Magazine; because nothing is better than sitting down to lunch (while the kids are napping) and enjoying a magazine.
3. A delicious cupcake from Dear Lizzie's a local super cute boutique/bistro,which is totally overpriced, but still a place that I love to stop in and grab a cup of soup or a cute cupcake for a friends birthday or a "just thinking about cha" moment.
4. $1; stop by your local gas station or drive thought and treat yourself to your favorite drink while running errands, or being the kids taxi. Sometimes it's the one thing that gets me through my day... because there is nothing like a Diet Coke on the rocks!
5. A pumpkin spice candle; because it's cozy, and it makes me happy.
The last thing included in the box that I am passing on to all my readers (yes that is all 3-6 of you that actually read my blog) is a really simple recipe that sounds good and best of all EASY.
Super Fast and Super Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box spice cake mix
1 small can pumpkin
1 small bag chocolate chips
mix all ingredients together bake at 350 for 12 min (or longer depending on oven)
Doesn't that sound easy and it is something that I would actually feel ok about my kids helping me with. I know it sounds mean but for the most part, I have no patience having my kids cook with me. I know it is very picturesque to have your kids measuring flour and all laughing together as it spills all over you, the kids and the floor but I really am not into that at all. Jeremy is so patient he is always letting them crack the eggs into the cookie dough and stuff like that but as for me I will pass on that activity.
Thank you Mandee for sending me this fun package. I loved your favorite things and many of them are my favorites as well. I hope those who have won my PIF enjoy their stuff as much as I LOVE mine. You made my day, heck you made my week!!!

On a side note: I have tried 4 times to put spaces inbetween some of the paragraphs and the list of goodies I got. I hate when my posts look all squished. I have no idea what is going wrong with my post today. Sorry I hope it doesn't bug you too much that it is all squished together I tried my best to fix it.

5 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

You ARE lucky! (Don't tell Riley.)

karen said...

Wow how creative. I would never think of things like that. Have fun with your package.

Papa Randy said...

Way cute stuff. Mandee is very kind and thoughtful. I love your blog and read it 3 to 4 times weekly. Wishing and hoping for more pics of the cutest kids in Texas.

Jenn said...

What a fun package!!

On a sidenote, if you click on the "HTML" tab when you're creating a post and insert the code "br" between the pointy brackets(<>) between lines (maybe two of those, if you want to leave a bigger space), that'll do it for you. I don't *usually* have a problem, but when I do, that'll solve it. :0)

Mandee said...

I know- Mandee Standard Time was so lame and long with the packages. I have a post devoted entirely to this experience. But I wanted to make sure you all got your prizes first! I am glad you liked them, and sorry for taking so long to get it all to you!