I know it has been a while but I have a very good excuse for not blogging. My sinking computer has some sort of bug or virus or whatever it's called. I have had lots of things I have wanted to blog about but every time I try to post I get this old form of blogger that doesn't have all the nice features such as spell check (I really need spell check), font options, font color options and worst of all no way to post pictures. I sort of think blogs are less interesting with out pictures. Especially when written by someone who does not write well and is not very interesting to read (ME). I was aware of my computer problem but I like to think that the computer fairy will come to my home and magically fix my computer without me actually trying to figure out what the deal is because computers in general stab my brain. Well so far no fairy, dang!!! I have a very good excuse to blog today, I was tagged by my great blog buddy Emily Matson (I really wish I knew how to make her name light up and become a link to her blog like everyone else in this free country does but like I said before computers stab my brain so I don't know how). I am suppose to give you all 6 little known fun facts about myself and then tag 6 other people so make sure you read to the end to see if you are obligated to do this fun post.
1) I LOVE diet Dr. Pepper, I am seldom without a large styrofoam cup of my own personal liquid crack. I have been know to bring my 44 oz cup to places that apparently are inappropriate. I started back at the gym after a nice 18 month (I need to take time off because I just had a baby) vacation. I brought in my large cup from McDonald's so I could stay hydrated while on that treadmill. I got a lot of weird looks apparently the cup holders on the treadmills are for water bottles only.
2) I always use my ATM debit card instead of carry cash for a very good reason. I don't know what the deal is but when I have any amount of cash on me I am like a 4 year old who was just given a dollar. I can not spend it fast enough. It doesn't matter if it is 50 cents or 20 bucks I can guarantee I will not have that money at the end of the day. It just burns a hole in my pocket I honestly sit there at work and think to myself, "wow I have 75 cents in my pocket I can buy a bottle of diet Dr. Pepper from the vending machine." It totally consumes my thoughts when I have cash... is that weird?
3) I love the t.v. show Hannah Montana. I have caught myself watching episodes of Hannah Montana and then realized that there is not a child in the room. I can give you the plot of every HM they have made because sadly I have seen every episode. If I find out there is going to be a new episode premiering I make sure I set my DVR to record it (hey, I know how much the kids enjoy the show...)
4) I have an unnatural fear of scrapbooking. I hate the very thought of trying to start a scrapbook. I have friends who LOVE to scrapbook and are always trying to rope me into this cult/money pit.
5) I know I am way to old to think and feel this way but... I still don't really think of myself as a "real grown up". I don't know what it will take to get me to the point of being a "real grown up" you know the kind of grown up that my mom is (she rocks at being a grown up!). I some how feel like I am faking people out and one day they will expose me as the sham I feel like I am.
6) I hate getting invited to any kind of party where you are expected to buy something. You know the type (jewelry, candles, cooking equipment, makeup...) Maybe other people enjoy these things but I hate the pressure that is involved. My friends invite me and always make some kind of comment like, "don't worry about buying anything I just want lots of people to show up so I don't feel like a loser." So I go and then there is lots of food all spread out and my overly excited friend who is hosting the thing telling me that if she sells X amount of products she will get X amount of stuff free. Bottom line is I am weak when it comes to this kind of warfare tactic and I have bought way too many things I really don't need from these parties.
I TAG: MOM, AMANDA, AIMEE, BROOKE, DANIELLE, SHAUNNA, and TORRIE (oh wait Torrie doesn't have a blog... hint hint)
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You don't need pictures--you're a funny girl!!!!!
Liza I think we were seperated at birth. Except my liquid of chose is Diet Coke. I had the habit kicked a few years ago and then one day I thought... Wouldn't an DC taste good right now!!! And it was all over from there.
As far as HM - I go and find Kessa and get her all excited so we can "watch" it together. Here is a secret... I also love High School Musical!!
Liza baby, you have always made me smile. If it is any consolation, I don't think myself very funny either. I think it comes of being the worst comedysportz player during the team's hayday. In any event, I still regard myself as bookish, nerdy, and overall fairly dorky. My husband would certainly disagree (well... except for the bookish part; we have both faced up to our love of reading despite our genre preferences).
As for being a grown-up, I am so far from actually arriving there. I thought my children would help me become a full fledged grown-up, but really, not so much. Besides, you know all those morifying, terrible, social-life-ending events that happen during those awkward adolescent years? Yeah, those still happen to me all the time. Now however, it is usually me and the kids on some half planned adventure/disaster. If I think of a good example of this, I'll let you know. Nothing comes to mind at the moment.
Willow
Oh, and generally I am a diet cola (coke... pepsi... whatever) girl, however lately my vices are either Diet Squirt (for queasyness) or margarita mix. Mmmmm, lime margarita mix with ice and loads of water... fabulous. Or for a little more effort and far more taste sensation, margarita mix, ice, and the blender... perfection.
And for extra fun, take the tools to make margaritas (virgin of course) to your next party with LDS friends. One nice lady came up to me (from our ward no less) and said, "you know, we are Mormons... we don't really drink." HA, she was doing virgin margarita shots by the end of the night!
It's so nice to see a new post. Don't get me wrong, we all love Mitt and were thrilled to see Papa visit but come on girl...keep the news coming. Sorry to hear about the computer virus. You know us cool Mac people wouldn't know anything about that.
I loved the random facts. You are definitely a funny girl. If Carl is "Sporty Reed" than I nominate you to be "Funny Reed".
Willow--There is something worse than being the "worst comedysportz player during the team's hayday". It's being the #1 psycho fan during the team's hayday. I share that honor with my sister Sarah and Amy Cook. At least I wasn't alone in my obsession.
Thanks for participating!! I loved reading all your little known facts. I am with you on the party scams! I also love that you don't scrapbook!! That's me too!!
LOL! I always pay with a debit card, but mainly because I don't want to be bothered to go and GET cash. And when I do have cash, I usually completely forget I have it. Mark will ask if I have any, and I'll say no, and then go check to be sure, and whaddya' know? There's like 100 bucks in my purse, ROFL!!
I hate shopping parties too, but not because I get suckered in - I don't - I will steadfastly refuse to buy a darn thing - but because I hate being pressured to. It's just not my kind of "fun", so I *usually* don't go (unless I'm REALLY dying for a social activity or something).
I've never been much of a scrapbooker - I am a historian, but I'm not into the whole cutesy scrapbooking cutouts and doodads stuff. Slap it in a book, label it, I'm good.
And I don't think ANYONE ever thinks they're a "realgrown up". I've had 80 year olds try to convince me they were still young and hip. :0|
ROFL!!! Fun post!!
Because I haven't taken up enough comment space on your blog already, I am with you when it comes to scrapbooking. I have done it twice (Russell's grandmothers both had birthdays where books were assembled), each time I made stinkin cute pages but didn't enjoy the process. It amounted to a pile of stress. However, I like to look at other people's creations. I admire their talent and creativity. I just don't want to do it myself.
Willow
I love reading your blogs and think you're very interesting to read! I've probably been looking at your blog for a month before I finally fessed up to it. I just like to know what's going on with other people and maybe get ideas for what I could blog about. I love your expression "stab my brain" and I think I'll try to incorporate that into my vocabulary because sometimes I literally feel that way. Thanks for commenting on my blog, not very many people do and I try not to let it hurt my ego.
Willow thanks for the comments I agree that looking at scrapbooks is enjoyable however I tend to get very jealous and weirdly nervous when I see other people's hard work. I guess it makes me feel really inferior and like I am a bad mother because I have never started a scrapbook for any of my children. Like I mentioned in my blog it is "unnatural" that I have so many scrapbook issues.
Oh my do we have a lot in common. I like you, and by the way Tim would love random comments.
Post a Comment