Saturday, October 6, 2007

Papa came to town!!!


Star in Your Own JibJab! It's Free!


We were so excited to see Papa Harm and spend some time with him. As you can see Jeremy and the kids all dusted off their dancing shoes to prepare for his arrival. Papa got here on Sunday evening and had to head off for Houston to see Aimee and her family on Tuesday morning. While he was here we went to the dollar store (a Clement family tradition that my kids LOVE), we all went out to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, we had a fun Family Home Evening with Papa, and Jeremy and Papa went golfing (of course this one is a given). Everything was so much fun but of course our favorite time was sitting around the living room talking about everything from sports, to family memories. We wouldn't trade our chats for anything. We are very impressed that Papa had the gumption to drive from Bakersfield, CA, to Mesa, AZ, to Albuquerque, NM, to Amarillo, TX, to Houston, TX, back to Amarillo, back to Albuquerque, on to Laughlin, NV and then back home to CA. What a brave man!!! We are thankful that he wanted to make the trip and welcome him back any time he wants!

9 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

What a wonderful memory for the kids!

Tam said...

I am glad to hear you had a great visit. and the house looks great. Is he stopping through again on his way home?

Loved the jib jab. My only complaint would be WHERE IS LIZA?!?!

Jenn said...

Sounds like a really fun visit! How cool. :0)

Danielle said...

That is so great that Jeremy's Grandpa was able to visit. I can't believe how much he drove!! How fun!!

Anonymous said...

Eliza Reed!!! Sorry, I know your married name, but ELiza and Emily Reed I think are permenantly ingrained in my brain! Just so you know, I also stalk your blog but have never had anything of import to say. However, I can't very leave a comment on Emily's blog and ignore yours... that would just be rude. So... hmmm... something interesting... Oh, I got it...

We are going to have a new baby in March. It will make 3 for us. The boys are now 6 and 3. I don't know what is more disturbing; giving Gordon an old man's name (he isnamed after his great grandfather), or the fact that he grew into it in less than a year. Zachary is just darling and as blond as Gordon is dark. I would say that we are hoping for a girl this time around... but really, they scare me. Girls need hairbows, tights, dresses, fancy shoes, dolls, and pretty slips. Boys, at least my boys, only need a yard and enough dirt to roll in. Well... maybe legos and a couple of guns made of legos... I still think another boy might be easier. I'll let you know what we are going to be welcoming as soon as we find out.

Willow

Oh, and no I don't have a blog. But I am seriously thinking of starting one since we have very goofy boys. To check the weather the other day, Gordon took a 7am stroll around the front yard. . . . unfortunately, he was naked!

Leasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leasa said...

Hey Liza,
How the heck are ya? I saw you left me a comment, but I am really lame on how all this blog stuff works! I love your blog and am happy to see that your sweet family is doing so well. You have some adorable little ones! I bet your life is pretty busy.

emily w. said...

Your fans demand a new posting. Put down the vampire books and write a new blog post.

BrendaW8 said...

Hi Eliza,
I remember you and your family very well. I've seen Carl a few times since I've been back in Bakersfield. How's the rest of your family? I taught your sister in Primary (Merrie Miss).
Teresa
is busy going to nursing school in Fresno. She would love to hear from you. She doesn't have a blog YET.