Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 07

I really want to write up a cute post about Halloween for all of my peeps, however.... my stupid, annoying computer is doing what ever it does when it won't let me post pictures. I really don't think this post will work with out some visual aides so lets all hope that my computer likes me tomorrow. I am sure you are all on pins and needles in anticipation for my Halloween report hahahaha.

Well I am off to Walmart at 10 p.m. so that I can pick out three little prizes for my trick or treaters. They all gave up their obscene amount of candy (well not all of it, they each got to pick out their 10 most favorite pieces) so they could get a prize from "the candy fairy".

9 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I assume the fact that they got an obscene amount of candy means a great time was had by all. I hope your computer cooperates so we can get the full report soon.

emily w. said...

Any suggestions for what to do w/ the obscene amount of candy? The girls came home w/ bags last night and I know that it is going to be the death of us all if we let it sit around the house.

Anonymous said...

Nice that your kiddos were willing to make a sacrifice to the candy fairy. We are talking with the boys today about giving some of their candy to a dentist in town. He is buying excess candy for a dollar a pound and then sending all the candy to troops in Iraq. At least it is a good cause that their candy will be going to. Assuming I can get them to donate some of it. =)

Willow

Jenn said...

Too funny. Can't wait to see pics! :0)

karen said...

I hear ya about the obscene amount. Ali's bag handle broke. She really had a full bag and now my little austin is having a fun time getting into it. What kind of prizes do they get. Thats a great idea.

Eliza said...

To answer some questions:

Em: I plan on taking our suitcase of candy (and yes I said suitcase) to my school. I know about 3,000 high school students who would love a little treat.

Willow: I love the idea of selling it back to a dentist... perhaps you could start a candy fairy at your house.

Karen: My girls each got a ballerina Barbie doll ($5.00 at Walmart) and Jake got a Nerf gun (also about $5.00) I didn't let Morgan trick or treat we didn't need to add to the mountain.

Anonymous said...

Everything worked out perfectly today. Gordon came home from school talking about how his Glee Club (all the kids are in Glee Club... just part of the tiny elementary school) teacher said there was a man sending extra Halloween candy to soldiers in Iraq. Gordon didn't understand why soldiers would need candy, "doesn't anyone give them food?" We talked about how nice it is to have something from home when you are far away. Gordon has a pooh bear.... soldiers might like candy.

Well, that was it! He came home, chose some of his favorites to keep for himself, and put the rest of the candy in a grocery bag. Then he convinced Zach to donate his candy as well. --Gordon totally Tom Sawyered Zach. It was almost as good as the day he talked his friends into doing poop duty so he could play sooner. -- It gave me warm fuzzies and Russ was completely stunned with how kind his boys could be to strangers serving in far away places.

Willow

PS Plus also (yes, I do occasionally speak in Junie B. Jones-isms), our house is practically candy free again. Woohoo!!

Jocelyn said...

I was signing on all through the day and just happened to hit it when everything worked....nothing magical, just lucky. My friend amber said they are doing things system wide that aren't working so well....maybe they'll get it fixed soon, I hope!

Tam said...

That is a great idea. Not only does mommy not need so much candy in the house but I am already sick of hearing from my 4 year old that she is "starving" at 8 at night and needs candy!!