Thursday, August 30, 2007

First day of school


Cute clothes courtesy of Carl, Heather, and Aubrey

Monday was the big day back to school for everyone. I can't believe how tired I am!! This year I am back to full time at the high school which means that Jake, Riley, Brooke and myself all have to be ready to walk out the door by 7:30 each morning. It is such a struggle but I must say that we have done very well so far this year (4 whole days). Much of our morning stuff MUST be done the night before or we would never make it. I always have their baths at night and clothes laid out for them on the couch along with backpacks. Everyone is really enjoying their teachers this year. Brooke is going with me to Caprock High School where they have a day long pre-school program. I love having her on campus and being able to check in on occasion. She is growing up so fast. It makes me so proud and sad at the same time to see her jump out of our van each morning with her little backpack and run up to her classroom. She is has such an independent little spirit. After school Jake and Riley both go to an after school program and wait for me to pick them up. The program has lots of games and sports for them to do and they changed out the adults in charge this year so I am thrilled. I thought the whole thing was sort of run badly in the past but this year they have an older real no nonsense kind lady running it (by older I mean not a 19 year old high school drop out like last year). They only have to go for about an hour so I feel ok about sending them. Morgan is at home in the mornings with daddy and then goes to our primary president's house from about 11:45 until I pick up at about 4:00. She has lunch with Sister Woods and her 2 year old son then takes a nap and waits for mommy to get her. Brooke says, "Morgan thinks she is going to school but it's just babysitting..." Everyone is good and tired by the end of the day and that is how little children should be.

6 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I love the bright, shiny faces! What beautiful, happy children!

Mom/Linda said...

Wow! Sophisticated new look for the blog!

Papa Randy said...

Awesome pictures of the world's cutest kids. They all look so well adjusted. They surely have a great mommy and daddy. I wish we could be there to see them regularly and steal a few hugs and kisses. We love you and miss all of you terribly. Thank you for the update.

emily w. said...

Such grown-up looking back to school pictures. Congrats on the lost tooth Riley! I hope the tooth fairy brought you something good.

emily w. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Oh my, what cute kiddos. I just look at these pictures and think how grown up your family is. Brooke looks so excited to be going to school. I miss you guys so much! I hope everyone is having fun and we will see you soon!!!