Wednesday, May 2, 2007

a butcher, a baker, a shoemaker???


Today Jacob's 2nd grade teacher emailed me with a funny little story about Jake. Apparently the class was discussing careers and their future (never too young to plan I guess) when she started asking individuals what they wanted to do when they grew up. Several children answered with the standards such as: policeman, teacher, doctor, fireman... When she got to Jacob he was struggling to come up with an answer and she started to prompt him by saying, "what would your dream job be." After a moment of contemplation he said, "I guess either an artist or a shoemaker." I had no idea he had been harboring tendencies towards shoe making. Like they say, "moms are the last to know."

3 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

This is very much in keeping with Liza who said, when she was just a little older than Jake, that she wanted to lead parades when she grew up.

Papa Randy said...

Well, well, Jacob a shoe maker. I'll be a shoe salesman and we can have our own business. Your dad can be the polisher and we can have it made. Yea! Jacob The shoemaking King.

emily w. said...

Our little cobbler! Can I request that Jake specialize in size 12 women's shoes. I have such trouble finding shoes my size.