
I don't know how to tell this story of mine but my mother has told me I MUST blog about it. Here goes:
We have a local news anchor by the name of Andy Justice. He is on our local NBC station and I always watch him and his co-anchor Faith Miller. I decided to email him with a small request the other day and it really paid off. I will just copy our emails here for you all to read I think they speak for them self.
Andy,
I want to start with complimenting you and Faith on your wonderful job as co-anchors. Yours is the only station I enjoy watching and make it a habit to catch all my local news from your evening report. I also think you are such a cutie and have a great fashion sense. That being said, and after buttering you up enough, I would like to ask you a favor. I noticed tonight while watching a prerecorded promo during the show "Thank God You're Here" you were wearing a certain tie. I have been searching for just the right lime green tie for my husband to wear to a wedding and was so excited to see you wearing the exact tie I need. My kids and I are wearing a very fresh summery lime green and from my living room your tie looked like it fit the bill. I know this email makes me sound strange (although fun and whimsical is what I was going for) but I want to borrow your tie for our wedding this summer. Please don't think I am crazy just a little cheap.
What do you think,
Eliza Clement
I want to start with complimenting you and Faith on your wonderful job as co-anchors. Yours is the only station I enjoy watching and make it a habit to catch all my local news from your evening report. I also think you are such a cutie and have a great fashion sense. That being said, and after buttering you up enough, I would like to ask you a favor. I noticed tonight while watching a prerecorded promo during the show "Thank God You're Here" you were wearing a certain tie. I have been searching for just the right lime green tie for my husband to wear to a wedding and was so excited to see you wearing the exact tie I need. My kids and I are wearing a very fresh summery lime green and from my living room your tie looked like it fit the bill. I know this email makes me sound strange (although fun and whimsical is what I was going for) but I want to borrow your tie for our wedding this summer. Please don't think I am crazy just a little cheap.
What do you think,
Eliza Clement
His response:
Eliza... No problem... My tie is your tie... I have a couple of lime green ties so you'll have a few to pick from. But I think I know the tie you're talking about... Let me know when you want to come up and get it. Oh... thanks for the compliments... you made me smile... and I hope I can make the family match when it comes to the big wedding...
The rest of our correspondence:
I would love to come by and pick up that tie. Could I come by one morning? I work at Caprock High School but my mornings are semi-flexible could I come by sometime about 11? Which day would work for you? Are you normally in at that time? I would sort of like to meet you and take a picture of you, the girl getting married (my co-worker) and the tie (see I do this blog and I have been told by some that I HAVE TO include this story on my blog with pictures, my family can't believe I would even ask you to borrow a tie). I would like to reiterate that I really am normal.
Eliza
Eliza
Hey Eliza... No problem.... but I don't work in the mornings. I usually get to work around 1:30 and I get off at 10:40.
This Wed. I'll be in early. I have an elementary school stopping bye. So... let me know.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.
AJ
This Wed. I'll be in early. I have an elementary school stopping bye. So... let me know.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.
AJ
Wow you respond so fast! Will you be too busy on Wed around 11:30?
EC
I should be open..... This is the time of night when I'm on the computer a lot. You know... last minute web-searching... I mean... looking up the big news of the night.
I'll see you Wed.
I'll see you Wed.
So that catches everyone up on our emails. Today was the big day, I like to think of myself as a bit of a journalist with my blog and all so I was excited to meet Andy and see the news place. I got there when the elementary kids were all leaving and saw him escorting them out to their bus. When he saw me he smiled and said, "Are you here for a tie?" I don't know how he knew I was the tie lady, maybe I have a crazy stalker look about me... I waited for him in the lobby and a minute later he met me in there and showed me around. He had brought many ties for me to choose from and I think I got a real winner. We took a picture of the official hand off and a couple of people came out of their offices to see what we were doing. I am guessing everyone knew I was coming because he kept saying, "this is the tie lady" they all wanted to shake my hand and they all made comments that this was the funniest request they had gotten. I felt like a celebrity because several people wanted to come out and meet me. It was really fun and Andy was super sweet. He said that he couldn't say no to anyone who had the gumption to ask to borrow one of his ties. All in all I would say it was fun and hey... it gave me something to blog about.

2 comments:
Liza!! You've got GUTS wow....what a super fun story and what a nice guy to go along with it!
Elisa you are so dang funny. Maybe a littel crazy uh I mean whimsicle. You go girl.
Post a Comment