Thursday, May 3, 2007

My turn

I am sooooo exhausted. I woke up at 5 this morning so I could take a group of my deaf students on a field trip to Big Springs TX (about 4 hours away). I had to be one of the drivers and I have to tell you being in a minivan with 6 deaf kids for 4 hours one way and then 4 hours back can really drive you crazy. They are incredibly loud, and they want to try and carry on a conversation with you in sign language (of course) while you are trying to drive down a highway going 75 mph. I am glad I am home safe and sound with my family.

I guess it's my turn to do the Amanda "three things" challenge:

Three Things I’m Afraid Of:

1. Needles
2. Dentist
3. Flying stinging insects

Three People Who Make Me Laugh:

1. Jeremy, it's one of the reasons I wanted to be his wife.
2. My mother, we crack each other up
3. Little kids (especially when they don't realize they are being funny)

Three Things I Love:

1. The gospel
2. Cheese
3. Organizing an event
I just read this short list and realized that I probably should have put my family instead of cheese but that one went without say...right???

Three Things I Hate:

1. Laundry
2. Dishes
3. Well I guess house work in general

Three Things I Don’t Understand:

1. Most things having to do with numbers
2. Why Chris hasn't joined the church (I love you Chris!)
3. Japanese

Three Things On My Desk:

1. A banana peel (remember I just got home haven't had time to clean up after my 5 kids)
2. A box of checks (who uses those any more?)
3. A small fan

Three Things I’m Doing Right Now:

1. Checking my emails
2. Talking to Jeremy
3. Deciding if I should go to bed right after this or clean up from a day without mommy.

Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

1. Be a grandma
2. Travel abroad
3. Go to Disney world


Three Things I Can Do:

1. Sign language
2. Talk to anyone
3. Impersonate several of the quirky teachers at my school with great accuracy (not in front of them course)

Three Things I Can’t Do:

1. Get everything I need from Walmart in one trip
2. Say no when someone asks me to do something
3. Scrapbook (it really stabs my brain)

Three Things I Think You Should Listen To:

1. The prophet
2. Good music
3. Your parents

Three Things You Should Never Listen To:

1. Tom Cruise (psycho)
2. Yucky music
3. Stupid people

Three Things I’d Like To Learn:

1. To sew
2. To be more patient
3. To cut hair (well that is...poor Jeremy and Jake)

Three Favorite Foods:

1. Tri-Tip
2. Chinese food
3. Mom's cooking

Three Shows I Watched As A Kid:

1. Punky Brewster
2. Amazing Stories
3. Quantum Leap

Three Things I Regret:

1. Not finishing college
2. backing up into a pole at the kids school
3. Eating three donuts this morning on our field trip

4 comments:

Papa Randy said...

Thanks Eliza. Some of your answers made me laugh. I sure love you and am glad your are in our family. You are a very good mommy and have a wonderful sense of humor. After being gone all day Jeremy should have had the house already clean. Hey Jerm you hear me. Be good to your honey.

Mom/Linda said...

You and Emily are funny, funny girls! I am going to take the Amanda challenge, but it won'e be nearly as entertaining.

emily w. said...

How do I not remember "Amazing Stories"??? I do remember Quantum Leap of course. My favorite was when he stopped the bomb from going off by sliding his hockey tickets in between the two contacts right as they were about to touch. Oh the drama!

David and Amanda said...

I loved your list. I just want you to know that I am in 100% agreement on the whole Tom Cruise thing, that guy is crazy!!!