Saturday, November 1, 2008

blog homework

I have really fallen behind on my blogging (thanks to Em and facebook) I thought I would try to catch up on a blog tag I received from Tenille (my favorite pretend sister-in-law) a while ago. Here's the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. List the rules
3. Tag six fellow bloggers
4. Leave them a comment so they know they've been tagged
5. List 6 random facts on your blog

This will be a challenge for me. Random seems to be my middle name and I feel like I'm an open book so it might be hard to come up with things people haven't already heard.

1. My actual middle name is not Random it's Florence. Making my maiden name Eliza Florence Reed. Like all my other siblings I was named after ancestors. When I was little I use to feel like my name was really old fashion and weird. I can remember wishing I was named Jennifer or Amber or something like that. For a while I use to tell kids my real first name was Elizabeth and that I only went by Eliza for short. Everyone pretty much bought it and left it at that until one girl said, "If I was you I would go by Beth instead of Eliza..." I was sort of crushed that she confirmed all the feelings I had about my name, so for a very brief time I would respond to Beth by a couple kids in my class.

2. I am horrible at most things domestic. I am average at best with my cooking skills and much lower than average with cleaning, organizing, laundry etc...

3. I arranged Jeremy and my first "date" with his sister Amanda. It involved lots of luck and a fair amount of sneakiness. Jeremy still denies that I asked him out first.

4. There are very few vegetables that I will eat.

5. In my opinion a new outfit is soooo much better than any kind of happy pill doctors can prescribe. I seriously think that doctors should just prescribe a new outfit to all the woman out there that need a little extra help. I'm sure it ends up being much cheaper than all the co pays and doctor visits.

6. I really HATE Barak Obama... he scares me. Mitt was robbed!!

Now I get to "tag" six fellow bloggers: Let's see I will tag Jocelyn, Shaunna, Sarah, Carl, Heather W., and Vicki Good luck everyone!!

7 comments:

homegirl said...

I totally agree with number 5. I think a great outfit would really help women in so many ways! :)

Mom/Linda said...

I disagree with #2. You are a very good cook and an excellent mother! Your house is always tidy when I'm there, and your laundry always gets done (eventually). Don't sell yourself short!

Carl said...

This is just way too complicated for me.

Jen said...

Isn't it funny that a Jennifer (me) wanted to be called Eliza? Hmmmmm. I have tried to convince Leon that a new outfit really is the cure to most ailments, and I think he is getting it! Oh by the way, it is impossible that you are average in cooking skills...you made those cake bite pop things and they looked perfect, mine stunk! That is an accomplishment!

Jenn said...

LOL about your name. I actually AM a Jennifer and always hated THAT and wanted an unusual name! Just goes to show, we're unhappy no matter what I guess, LOL!

And I voted for Obama, LOL. MCCAIN scares ME!! Hee hee

Taylors said...

I agree with 5 and disagree with 2! I look up to you as a wife and mother and love, love, love, you the way you are!

Tamara Atkin said...

Hey Eliza,

I haven't seen you in forever. You're family is adorable. It's always good to rediscover old friends. We are both in the same stage of life and it's interesting to see everyone a marriage and several children later. I'm glad all is going so well for you.

I love your story about your name. Doesn't everyone hate their name at some point. I always hated mine(Tami). I thought is sounded like a country music singer and I really hate country music. Also, there was an old show with a theme song that everyone would sing to me. I usual introduce myself these days as Tamara but people call me tami anyway and I don't mind it now, it's who I am.