
I wanted sooooo much to LOVE LOVE LOVE Twilight the movie. I loved my evening, spending time with my friends, the silliness with a midnight premiere, and all of the excitement. I really thought that Bella and Edward had great chemistry their first kiss was OH MY GOSH OFF THE HOOK. Sadly I think the script writer kind of dropped the ball though. I know it's hard to take a huge novel and whittle it down to a two hour movie. My BFF Brooke is right though. The whole magic of Twilight is the relationship between Bella and Edward. The uniqueness and intensity of their love. In my opinion the movie version did not do a good job of establishing this love for their audience. Of course pretty much everyone in the movie theater had already read the book so they already knew how much Bella and Edward loved each other. After it was all over I couldn't help but think that a person who had not read the books might question how the books are so popular. Bottom line for me was I had a wonderful time with my friends, getting all dressed up and acting like a silly teenager with hundreds of die hard fans.
I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I will also watch it again with Brooke next weekend and maybe I can focus more on the movie and a little less on the atmosphere like on opening night.
We had a great time before the movie even started, hanging out and eating at TGIFridays we couldn't hardly keep a straidght face to get a picture. Torrie and Danielle got together and made their shirts for the night. If you can't read them they say, "why am I covered in feathers?" For all you fans out there you will understand the book four reference. I thought their shirts were adorable. They even wore boas at the movie theater and brought Hope and I a feather to wear in our hair. 
I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I will also watch it again with Brooke next weekend and maybe I can focus more on the movie and a little less on the atmosphere like on opening night.
We had a great time before the movie even started, hanging out and eating at TGIFridays we couldn't hardly keep a straidght face to get a picture. Torrie and Danielle got together and made their shirts for the night. If you can't read them they say, "why am I covered in feathers?" For all you fans out there you will understand the book four reference. I thought their shirts were adorable. They even wore boas at the movie theater and brought Hope and I a feather to wear in our hair. 

9 comments:
I am so glad you got to go and had a good time with your friends. Britt had the same reactions. I haven’t talked to Jenn or Amanda yet. We haven’t seen it yet. We will wait for the $1 movie. We are cheap.
I was afraid that the movie wouldn't live up to the book. They never do..., but I am glad that you had a good girls night out anyway.
Is Riley better? Did Jeremy get to feeling better?
I should go see it. I still have not read the books! I said I wanted to read them first but that wont happen! BTW could you be any more gorgeous! Jeremy is one lucky dude.
I am sad you didn't love it. I guess I went in with low expectations since Pattinson wasn't my favorite- but after seeing the movie, I love him as Edward.
p.s you look hot in that picture!
i am glad you got to see the movie. just wanted you to know i posted a blog, warning. its a bad news
At least we had fun together even though the movie was sort of a bust. I think the next movies will be better. I'm sure all the fans are providing lots of input on how to make it better. Maybe next time someone involved with the movie will actually read the books.
I totally had the same experience as you. So funny because everyone else is blogging about how amazing the movie was. Thanks for you post now I don't feel so lame.
Why don't we live in the same city??
I enjoyed the movie for what it was! I loved Rob Pattinson and Edward from the beginning, in my mind he is exactly how I pictured him, maybe a little less hair...I am glad you had a fun night out!
Post a Comment