
I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. I am all for Jeremy and Jake spending lots of time together in the great outdoors I just sort of secretly hope they don't bring home any "food". I am not an idiot I obviously do realize that the meat I buy in the grocery store was in fact a living breathing animal. However I really like knowing that the meat I am about to serve to my family was farm raised and feed some quality grain or whatever it is they eat. I do not like the idea of butchering some random wild animal that has been fending for itself and eating who know what.
I guess you could call me a meat snob this is just how I feel. Today Jeremy got lucky (yeahhhhh....) he brought home two quail for us to eat (gag). Thankfully he did all the defeathering and gutting out in the wild so it sort of looks like food I am more familiar with. I do not know if I will be able to eat this or not. Lucky for me the little guys are really small so I could go with the old, "It's so special that you caught/killed this fine piece of meat I wouldn't want to take the prize from you. Why don't you go ahead and eat both of them they're so small." Do you think this will work? I will let you know if it does.
I guess you could call me a meat snob this is just how I feel. Today Jeremy got lucky (yeahhhhh....) he brought home two quail for us to eat (gag). Thankfully he did all the defeathering and gutting out in the wild so it sort of looks like food I am more familiar with. I do not know if I will be able to eat this or not. Lucky for me the little guys are really small so I could go with the old, "It's so special that you caught/killed this fine piece of meat I wouldn't want to take the prize from you. Why don't you go ahead and eat both of them they're so small." Do you think this will work? I will let you know if it does.
Today I tried a little pony tail on our sweet little Morgan. It was kind of cute and kind of pathetic at the same time. Bless her heart she had the total baby mullet thing going on. I was able to get a ver small amount on top of her hair and I think I will try this out again on Sundays and special occasions. She does also have some VERY cute curls. I remember when Jeremy and I got pregnant with our first one I told him I really was hoping for a curly headed little girl. Some of Jeremy's sisters have the best curls and I have always been very envious. Riley came along and although she has lovely hair it is just as straight as mine. Next was Brooke and well lets just say Brooke struggles with growing hair. She will be five in a couple of weeks and her hair is VERY thin, short, and pretty much straight. To quote Riley, "we just aren't lucky". It looks like Morgan might have broken our families hair luck and have that great Clement curl. If you can't tell Morgan is standing in these pictures. She stands pretty good we are just patiently waiting her first steps alone. If at all possible before she starts nursery at church. This little goals only gives her about three more months. 
P.S. My spell checker deal isn't working for me on blogger so please excuse any horrible spelling errors. I am known for my bad spelling so I have no doubt there are problems with this post.

6 comments:
We survived economically through the first year of our marriage (while going to BYU) through the "generosity" of Grandpa in providing us with venison. I hated every bite and to this day won't eat wild game. My hint is this: Venison becomes more tolerable when it is in tiny bits. Like chili. I think you should make some quail chili so that everyone gets "a little taste." Or you could do like my Grandma used to do with the trout that Grandpa Day caught. She bottled it. Good luck.
P.S. Morgan looks adorable. And don't fret about Brooke's hair. She has Sarah's hair in all it's fine, scanty, shortness and look at Sarah now.
I always loved when we could get Kessa's hair in a little water spout. And I know what you mean about hair. My hair USED to be really fun and I could do a lot with it but over the years it has thinned a bit and is now long and stringy. But Kessa's hair is thick and curly. The longer her hair gets the curlier it gets. I just cut it but before I did her hair looked like Nelly Olsen's hair. Just 5 ringlets.
Morgan's hair: too cute
Eating quail: not so much
We have a family here actually 3 brothers familiys and they are always gone at hunting season and come back with tons of Deer and everything else they can get. I must say the have the best wives to put up with husbands gone for long periods of time. They all have 6 kids or more. One of the brothers brought some meat to a cookout our ward had a few years ago and I never thought I would like deer but it wasnt bad. I dont think I would want it again though. I like my ground beef just fine.
Cute hair. I remember doing Ali's hair like that when she was just getting hair. 2 pony's look cute too. Now she doesnt like me to touch her hair. I need another girl..
Welcome to the sisterhood of bad spellers. I think it is a genetic failing that I spell as poorly as I do.
Don't fret about the hair. It has been a while, but my hair has only gotten more and more curly. If I keep it a medium length, it is fine... to short and I look like a Q-tip, to long and it frizzes. However, growing up I had straight hair. Something happened in early college and suddenly I had some serious curl happening. Some of these hair things aren't set in stone for a while.
Russ likes to occasionally hunt. Yes, I am always happy to welcome him home empty handed. I too like my meat to come from nice refridgerated cases.
Willow
Post a Comment