Friday, February 1, 2008

Funeral Services

You can watch the funeral services for
Gordon B. Hinckley on Saturday at 11:00 MST on the BYU channel as well as at
many of the church buildings.

I am the primary chorister in our ward and I ran across this song that was published in the Friend in 1996. I thought it was a very sweet song that I plan on teaching to my kids. I thought I would share the song for anyone who might be interested. You can find the sheet music on the church website.

Cheryl Boyer Hansen, “Gordon B. Hinckley—Constant As the North Star,” Friend, June 1996

1. When President Hinckley was a boy,

he slept outside for fun.

He noticed all the stars would move,

except for one.

2. Discouraged while in the mission
field,

he read these words from home:

“Forget yourself and go to work.”

His heart was stirred to

3. So if you’re discouraged or
confused,

just think of that bright star.

Remember what our prophet said And who you are.

Chorus: Be constant as the North Star that
shines for you and me,

Anchored in the gospel with pure integrity,

Steadfast in your service to God and fellowman.

President Hinckley has shown us that we can.

No comments: