Hey Drew whatcha got there?
Let me sit a little closer maybe you didn't hear me...
That right there... could I try just a sip?
Awww Drew you're the best!!!After weeks (yet weeks) of trying to get Riley to let me pull out her VERY loose tooth guess who's sporting a new smile?!?!

Duh... it's me!!
I think I might have invented a new technique on pulling out an extremely overdue loose tooth. It involves a tall glass of cold water and a very confused, disoriented and wet 6 year old. I like to call it the "shock and awe". I love how at the end of a long, sweaty, tearful battle of wills Riley nervously says to me, "that didn't even hurt, I was soooo brave."
***side note*** some of you may want to take back the lovely undeserving compliments you dealt out in my last post after reading this. I would understand.

7 comments:
I love the tip. Taliana has had a loose tooth for the past 5 weeks, and I am just ready to hold her down and pull it out. The water thing is such a GREAT idea!
You are always welcome in my home. (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snack, etc.)
I am a mean mean mom when it comes to pulling teeth. I can't stand when Abby lets it go so long that it's hanging on by one last thread.
I love the new smile Riley. You need to catch up to Abby. She already has her big bunny teeth.
Morgie looks so cute. Ellie has a matching elephant shirt. Liv is always telling me that Ellie needs to learn to "stand and walk" so that her and Morgan can hold hands and dance together??? She's quite insistent that this happen at some point. Do we think we could get Ellie walking by June?
I can't believe how much Morgie has grown since December! I love the way she never lets go of her lambie while she is trying to score a sip of soda.
I assume that you tried the old "Let me just see how loose your tooth is, Riley," and then yank it out trick? I would like to have seen the video of the water torture method.
K is terrified of having teeth pulled but O on the other hand looks around the house for strings so dad can pull her loose teeth. Wonder what C will do?
I too love the water method. We all can't be perfect mom's all the time. Sometimes a little torture is warented.
Riley's new smile is extra cute and I love your pulling method. I'll be sure to remember that one for Nathans next loose tooth!
The pics of Drew and Morgan are so cute. I showed them to Drew and said "Who is that?" And he said "Drew and Brooken." That's close enough I guess. I'm waiting to find another hidden strawberry lurking somewhere.
Post a Comment