
Jacob will be nine on Friday and in many ways he is very mature for his age. He is super smart in fact he found out today he was commended on his math TAKS test (it's a big deal in Texas). However sometimes he can be very naive and I love it.
While driving home from school we were stopped at a red light next to a police car. The officer had his window down and with his arm hanging out holding a cigarette. Jacob looks at him and says to me:
Jake: With a shocked voice, "Mom that police man is smoking!!"
Me: "Yeah I know Jake."
Jake: "Isn't that illegal?!?!"
Me: "No it's not illegal just yucky, people can choose to smoke after they turn 18 but we know Heavenly Father doesn't want us to."
Jake: "Does Heavenly Father want HIM to smoke?"
Me: "He knows it isn't good for him but it's very hard to quite once you have started."
Jake shakes his head back and forth with obvious disapproval and lose of respect for this officer.
FYI: My kids will call you out if they catch you doing something that they know isn't right. Believe me I know first hand.
***side note*** I used an old picture of Jake because our camera is dead. I really need to take new pics of him though because his psoriasis is like 95% gone now. It's amazing!!!

11 comments:
Jake is a very fine young man! He is smart, humble and good. Tell him congrats on the math commendation and tell him never to change!
I just love kids - especially my little 4 year old. Every time she sees me order or drink a diet coke she hangs her head and says (in a really quiet voice) "Mommy you know you shouldn't drink that). So far I have still been able to drink them but one of these days she will win out!!
You mean call you or your friends out on having a tattoo you got before you were a member?
What a sweet boy!! Happy birthday soon Jake!!
I found some links to your blog, so I will be checking back often. Ms. Lins (my 6 year old) always notices when males have their ears pierced. We were at the library one time and the worker who was checking out our books had an earring. She asks me, "Mom, does he know that boys are not supposed to have earrings?" One of his co-workers roared with laughter and I calmly try to explain that it was his choice and run out the door without hyperventilating. Gotta love that candid forthhrightness!
That's one special boy:)
He is such a sweet boy. I think it says a lot for you and Jeremy as his parents that he is so aware of what is right and wrong or good and bad. He has such a sweet spirit and a tender little heart. Happy Birthday Jake!
Happy Birthday Jake!!!! I don't think cops should smoke either...especially not on my dime.
Don't you just love your good boy! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake. I know it's tomorrow but it's ok to tell I love you and Happy birthday a day early.
First...I don't think I've ever seen an officer smoking!!! Quite shocking if you think about it, considering they are supposed to be role models! Second...I think you should post some updated pics of Jake, it is WONDERFUL that he is getting better!
Happy Birthday Jake. You've got a great boy there. I hope he stays naive for a very long time.
Post a Comment