
About four months ago I started going to the National Psoriasis Foundation website to read some of the messages on the message board and to ask questions I had about Jake. I also started emailing a woman on the site who works for the foundation she was asking parents for fun ideas for the big convention that was going to be held this summer in Orlando, Fl. For the first time they were going to try and plan a youth track for their weekend conference. She needed ideas for workshops to offer to some of the youngest sufferers of this disease. I shared some of my thoughts with her and over the next four months we emailed several times to bounce ideas off each other. She emailed me last week asking me if Jake and I would be at the convention I told her, "I don't think so we were just in California and we really couldn't afford another big trip." She emailed me back saying they still have scholarship money to award and that they might be able to arrange a partial scholarship for Jake and I. She also said she really wanted me to have the opportunity to go because they used many of my ideas for the workshops. I was flattered but I knew that even a partial scholarship wouldn't be enough (I mean the airline tickets alone would be over $600). She said to just fill out the application for a scholarship and see what happens. After much convincing on her part we filled out the paper work and within about an hour we got a letter back saying that they would like to offer us a scholarship which included our airfare, hotel accommodations for three nights, and conference fees. We were so excited. It was hard to say no to that. We will be flying out on August 14th and we can't wait. We've never been to Disney World and the entire convention takes place at this hotel located in downtown Disney. Jacob is now hard at work selling candy bars so that he can have plenty of spending money when he gets there. He knows that this is a big blessing and he plans on buying all his sisters and his dad something special from Florida.

11 comments:
THAT is great news! Fun for you both, and Jake will get to visit with others with his same problem. Fun, fun, fun. AND that video and song are great.
I am so excited for you two. Keep up the great work Jake and earn lots of money. Grammy and I will donate $20 to the "Jacob and Eliza get to go to Disney world Fund". Love ya lots and can't wait to see you again.
Yay! I'm so excited for you guys. You will have so much fun on your mommy/son trip. Jake will have fun and it will be a good chance for him to see other kids that have the same thing he has.
That is awesome! How do I buy some candy? Jake never even hit me up!
Liza, your willingness to get involved in a variety of community, political and charitable organizations has really opened some nice doors for you and your family. We are really proud of your community spirit. Have a great trip! We can't wait to hear all about it!
I am so happy for you guys!! That is going to be awesome!!! Jake certainly deserves it and you do too:)
That is so cool. I am so happy for you guys and Jake will have such a great time! We will buy some candy bars if he is willing to ship to CA.
How can I buy some candy bars to help with the fund?
Lisa Gore
Eliza, tell Jake I will sell candy bars at the hospital where I work, just let me know what I can do to help. Randy and Emily can help you get hold of me! I'm so excited for you two. You are going to have sooooooooo much fun.
Can I get your mailing address?? kaufusifamily@msn.com
That is super cool!! Have fun!
Post a Comment