Mom: Jake it's time to go to bed.Jake: Mom I have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep, I think I need Ambien.
--Jake age 6
Riley: Mom did you know that we would never need to buy paper towels again if you would just buy ShamWow?
--Riley age 7
Riley: Mom did you know that we would never need to buy paper towels again if you would just buy ShamWow?--Riley age 7
Jake: Do you have any old gold lying around?
Mom: ummm... no why?
Jake: If you did you could turn it into cash.
--Jake age 9
Brooke: You need one of those purses with lots of pockets. "It's the biggest little bag ever, it holds it all, it keeps it organized."
Mom: ummm... no why?
Jake: If you did you could turn it into cash.
--Jake age 9
Brooke: You need one of those purses with lots of pockets. "It's the biggest little bag ever, it holds it all, it keeps it organized."Hahahaha... when I was on the Buxton Bag website looking for this picture Brooke happened to walk in. She saw the picture and quoted their slogan again... word for word. "It's the biggest little bag ever, it holds it all, it keeps it organized." It's been several months since she first spouted these words out. In case your questioning if she read the words on the website let me just add this is one of my kids we're talking about not Carl and Heather's, she can't read yet.
--Brooke age 4I'm not sure if the ad executives for Ambien, ShamWow, Gold Kit, and the Buxton Bag intended for their target audience to be 4-9 years old but my kids are sold!!
***Side note*** We do not endorse any of these products (unless there is a pay check to be earned).

12 comments:
Hello. OK you have no idea who I am. I am a friend of Torrie's from college. So I love to blog and I like to blog stalk as well. I just have to tell you that I enjoy your blog and if I ever move to Amarillo (not likely) we should totally be friends. OK there I said it. Maybe you read blogs of people you don't know...that would make me feel better. Erin :)
I love it!
I still like when Jake said "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!" I still think you need to write a book of all your experiences as a wife and mother. It would be a comedy best seller for sure.
By the way, you and Erin would totally hit it off. I sure know how to pick good friends!
Classic...I feel the same way when my Jake starts asking me for the newest toy on T.V.! Of course we all watch too much, compared to the 50's, but we all have more than one TV in the house, and technology is way better. So it all depends on what you are comparing your TV time too, I guess that is what I am trying to say.
So we have the TV on in the morning for a couple of hours for their favorite cartoons, and in the evening after nap and dinner they usually get to watch only movies. Does that help or make any sense?
They say that people born my year
(1953)are the first generation to live their whole lives in the tv world. And I don't think it has hurt me a bit! Of course, there WAS the time I cancelled a trip to the temple so that I wouldn't miss a new episode of "Remington Steele." Thank heaven for DVRs!
Geepers, we have had the exact same conversations with my kids. Gordon used to love watching infomertials. He desperately wanted the Magic Bullet blender or a My Lil' Reminder. Zachary today was explaining how gold could get us (him) extra money. And here all this time I thought I was good about keeping the TV off for most the day!
Willow
PS -- Mom Reed, I absolutely LOVED Remington Steel. I was seriously considering Remington for our baby's name. Remington Julian Moore sounded a bit too stuffy for my husband's taste, and I didn't care for the nickname Remy.
PPS We only have 1 TV... but it is the size of 12 televisions from the '50s, I think. I refuse to bring anymore into our little house.
I have seen all the infomercials except the ShamWow. My daughter told me the other day how she found the "perfect" purse for me. It holds everything.
= LOVE remmington steel
- willow -- good for you with only 1. we have 4.. The kids still try to get one in their room but I will not to that.
Too funny! You know what's sad? I know ALL those products backwards and forwards. I'm obsessed with infomercials. Lame, I know.
Hilarious! I love those momments. and I hate when I get sucked in myself thinking I need certain products! Currently I'm thinking I need the Cricket and even woke the ole man up to see the infomercial!
Your kids are hilarious!
Now if they would only try out the products we see on TV and give us their honest opinion (minus the Ambien, of course)!
Ashton was acting really annoyed the other day, I asked him what was wrong and he said in a very serious tone "mom we have to much stuff we really need Space Bags!" He is also very intrigued with "Aqua Globes" and "Pancake Puffs" and really wants me to order them!
I am SO happy to know that my kids aren't the only ones quoting tv commercials. We have DVR so while my kids are watching TV, they will pause it and call me to come watch the commercial and say, "mom, you really need that. Do you want me to tell Dad to buy it for you?" The other day I was complaining that the newly bought bananas were going brown too fast. And immediately Taliana says "Mom, you really need to buy the green bags. They make your fruits and vegetables last up to 18 days. Much longer than your regular bags." I couldn't believe it. By they way.... the buxton bag was Ammon's favorite commercial too. He loved the talking key chain that came free with it. You could talk into it and say "butter, milk, eggs" My dad happen to have one at his house, so for christmas Ammon wrapped it and gave it to me as his present. I loved it!
Post a Comment