Tuesday, July 22, 2008

a photo recap

We have been enjoying some of the public pools in Amarillo



Like any good American we ate lots of meat and blew things up for the 4th of July (Jim Gaffigan would have been so proud).
Jake is always so sweet to the little kids. This little girl really wanted to watch the firework show with Jake.
The dads were in charge of the actual blowing up of things... this was our grand finale!

Last weekend Jake and Jeremy ripped up our ONLY bathroom so that we could do some much needed remodeling. I didn't get a before picture but we had a very old out dated vanity/sink, the peel and stick linoleum tile, and paneling on the walls. They ended up keeping the toilet and tub but the rest had to come down. The boys (Jeremy, Jake and our very good friend Garth) ended up having to strip some of the walls that were ruined under the panels all the way down to the wood studs. It was a lot of work but very much worth it.

After the girls and I spent last weekend in Lubbock avoiding all the blood, sweat, tears (and bum cracks) we came home to find that the boys had done a very nice job fixing our bathroom up.

I still need too repaint the top of the walls and hang a toilet paper thingy onto our vanity but for the most part it is all done!!

After seeing our Nephew dancing on this blog we decided to video Morgan cutting a rug. I think she gets most of her sweet moves from me. We think it's very funny that she "snaps her fingers" by moving her hand up and down and clicking her tongue in her mouth.



11 comments:

emily w. said...

I love your new bathroom. It looks like Jerm and Garth did a great job! We also loved Morgie's moves and can't wait to see you guys on Friday!!!

Mom/Linda said...

I am blown away by Jerm and Garth's sweet bathroom skills!!!! I love the way they put the tile up the walls. It looks like a brand new bathroom! You must really be loving it. Morgan needs to be on "America's Got Talent"--she has George the Giant beat all to heck!

Torrie said...

Morgie is so cute! I love the snaps. Your bathroom looks great. Am I allowed to use it if I come over?

Taylors said...

I am very impressed with the remodel and I have to say slightly jealous! You guys needed it and deserved it! We are in the need of some serious remodeling, do Jerm and Garth travel to St. George? Did you take down the weird rubber baseboard that Sean and Dad put up? No offense Sean! Morgie is soooo cute I think there is some musical theater in the Clement children's future.

Papa Randy said...

The bathroom looks so good. Maybe Jerm can come help me wiht ours. I am so glad you had a good safe fourth, I jsut wish it was here. Love those people from Amarillio.

Brooke said...

I love the bathroom too, but I loved the visit even more. We should have taken before and after pictures of my laundry room too :) Oh and I finished the second, starting on the third book! I always check blogs at work so I can't see Morgie, but I can't wait to look at it at home.

clare said...

I love the new bathroom, it looks great!! Our master bathroom in the new house is UGLY and it is our next project when we get in. Maybe Jerm wants to make a trip out to supervise? We would be willing to pay with 3 cases of Diet Barq's rootbeer...tell Morgie she's got some sweet moves, too!

karen said...

ROCK ON morgan...

Laura Swenson said...

good looking bathroom, boys. I really enjoyed seeing you guys. See you next month.

KaufusiFamily said...

I love the remodel! The tile work looks awesome. Your Morgie has got the MOVES! I'll side with Grandma Linda - you need to look into "America's got talent".

Anna B said...

I'm so impressed with the home improvement. Great moves from Morgan.