My friend Emily posted this on her blog and I was up for the challenge, besides I would like to hear all the memories that we have had together! I guess this is a type of tag post. I am excited to read the posts!
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I have sooo many memories. Which one to choose??? I'll go with the time we were in a dressing room together (I think it was Mervyn's at Centerpoint Mall in Oxnard) and I told you that you had skinny ankles. Then we started saying, "I have skinny ankles. My sister even told me so" and we would roar with laughter. We were (and still are) retarded!
I remember "the laughing club" when I was in rehab after breaking my femur and hip. You came to help me do my exercises and for a while we couldn't even look at each other without busting up!
Not so much a one on one memory but I would always watch you sign and think "She's so awesome, I wish I could sign like her"
A certain AC/DC song and a way to cook steak, nuff said!
I too have a memory... Before I even knew you really I was spending the night at Heather's house and forgot church shoes. She decided that you and I had the same size feet and you brought a pair of shoes to church for me to wear! She was right!
Yeah? well remember we hang out for july 4th? that was awesome! i played with your kids and watched firework with you and your family.
Okay, so at the risk of being ultra-cheesy, I remember feeling like I had just walked into a patch of sunshine whenever we hung out together at Institute...warm, cozy, comforting, all kinds of sunshine goodness. Ah, those lovely orange chairs and that hard couch that supported our hineys as we talked about school, church, and boys. Mostly boys!
Where to start sooooo many! I remember when we lived in Oxnard me and you stayed home "sick", Mom made us jello jigglers and we amused ourselves by sticking them to the wall. I am sure Mom really appreciated that. I am pretty sure we were old enough to know better. I think this was the same time you soaked saltines in water and said it made them taste like pizza!
Sarah
How about the drag show? One of my favorite memories that I was not a part of but you have told us is when you lost your pants at Disney Land and Emily (or maybe it was Sarah?) went to get you some new ones and came back a couple of hours later while you were sitting in the bathroom stall the whole time. If I have gotten any of that info wrong, please share the right story. It is Hilarious!
I just love how bubbly you always were at Girls camp. You always were there to cheer up any girl that needed some comfort.
I have to say my favorite memory is probably sitting with you, when Mom and Dad would leave you and Carl to babysit, and rubbing your earlobe while I sucked my thumb for comfort. So sweet and motherly...
I just remembered another good one: We were "people watching" at Disneyland and we pretended we were deaf. I just remember us thinking it was so funny that we could sign to each other and no one knew we weren't actually deaf. Sort of dorky!
I wish I had something great to share, but unfortunately, I never had the priveledge of getting to know you while we were younger. I remember being in seminary together and always thinking how pretty you were and I have always loved your sense of humor. I'm so glad we have the opportunity now to get to know each other through our blogs!
There are so many it's not fair to pick one. I love the way you are devoted to my son and my grandchildren. I love your dingyness. I love your laugh. I love the way you are always up for a challenge. Your are a great daughter and we love you.
Post a Comment