Thursday, July 3, 2008

That's one big hole in the ground...

Like I said in an earlier post our family stopped to see the Grand Canyon on the way back to Texas. Our digital camera had died and I didn't have the charger with us so we bought a disposable camera before we set out on our adventure. I finally got the pictures developed (remember when cameras weren't digital and you had no idea if any of the pictures would turn out until you drove somewhere to develope them...what a head ache...) I thought I would post some of our favorite shots that did turn out:).





We loved our little side trip and would recommend this stop to anyone. We would however like to share some things we learned from our impromptu day at the Grand Canyon.

1. $2.00 flip flops really don't cut it at the Grand Canyon.

2. Don't forget the sunscreen!! (OOPS)

3. Pack a picnic, when you're a good 1 1/2 hour radius from any normal town that realizes a hot dog shouldn't cost $4.

4. Don't feed the animals... did you know that: "on average 30 people are bitten by squirrels everyday at the Grand Canyon." I'm proud to say that none of the Clements became a sad squirrel bite statistic.

5 comments:

homegirl said...

How fun! I've never been to the Grand Canyon. I'm always telling Jake we need to go, so I'm glad you think its worth the trip!

Papa Randy said...

That looks one big hole in the ground. Your family is so dang cute. We miss you already and want you to come back. That Jeremy is very good looking. He must have gotten the "cute genes" from someone. Thank goodness you didn't get bitten by those infamous Az Canyon Squirrels. I wonder if the Mississippi squirrel is related. You know the one from the Famous "Mississippi Squirrel Revival." Oh well I tried to get a laugh; maybe you just had to be there. Thank you so much for the update and the pics. Love those Clement Kids.

emily w. said...

Looks like fun. That picture of the kids sitting on the fence would have Eric crapping his pants.

Mom/Linda said...

I remember when we took you kids to see the Grand Canyon. We were with Harry and Rhonda and their kids. After driving A LONG time to get there your Dad said, "Well, this is it. Take a good look. Okay, now wipe your feet before you get back in the car!"

I'm glad no one got bitten by a squirrel or fell over the edge. I think those are two good standards for judging the success of any trip.

Williams Family Dirt said...

I would love to visit the Grand Canyon some day! It is on my (our) list of things to do!