Sunday, September 28, 2008

happy fall y'all

This evening we went out and harvested all of our ripe pumpkins. The kids had so much fun planting and tending to their pumpkin patch this year. I think we might have over planted because the pumpkins seemed to take over a good fourth of our backyard. It got to the point that we couldn't mow a huge chunk of lawn because the pumpkins outgrew the dirt plot we had set up for them. After harvesting the pumpkins we went to a few of our neighbors and shared "the fruit of our labors". It was a really nice way to spend the evening together as a family. We still have about 15 pumpkins that are picked and ready to give out. I think we will have to have some of our good friends come to the "Clement pumpkin patch" and pick out a pumpkin or two. In the pictures you might notice an injury on Morgan's face/head. That would be our first injury due to the bunk beds. Poor baby fell out of the top bunk onto the bottom bunk and then bounced into the girls play kitchen. When I asked Riley and Brooke how she got up to the top they both swear she climbed up there herself. I guess no more free range for Morgan in the girls room.


9 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

You guys have a real talent for pumpkin growing! I'm so impressed. I can almost smell the pumpkin pie...

Goreapollosa said...

I am going to have to have pumpkin growing advice. We have two Halloween birthdays at my house so we are in need of major pumpkin support.

The Woods Family said...

Liza,
That is so cool, I'm Jealous, We should've grown pumpkins this year.
Invite us to your pumpkin patch.

Heather

Anna B said...

I love pumkins. We actually got 4 out of our garden this year. Next year I want MORE!

Torrie said...

Nice pumpkins! You do such fun things with your kids. I'm sorry Morgie was the first casualty on the bunk beds. She's still a cutie even with an owie on her face.

Monica said...

Wow!! Great looking pumpkins. I'm totally jealous.

Unknown said...

I am very impressed with your fall bounty! I am sure the kids loved it. Ashton was quite jealous.

Emily said...

Good job on the pumpkin patch!! Ours was a flop this year!
Your kids look so happy!!

Papa Randy said...

Those are some of the cutest pumpkins I have ever seen. I not talking about those round orange things either. But the round orange things are cute too. Way cute kids. Oh my gosh! Those are a lot of pumpkins and some of them are very big too. Way to go kids. I know mom and dad helped a little. Someone must have an orange thumb.