Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Q: How do you know when your kids are NOT spoiled??

A: You buy a second hand bunk bed and they light up like it's Christmas time.


Morgan is especially fond of the new bed.

I don't know if you can tell but she is swinging from a metal bar, her little bum is a good 4 inches from the bed.

The kids are pretending that they are on a ship and the floor is a shark infested ocean. They also played a game where the big kids all got on the top bunk and peeked over the side to "scare" Morgan. Morgan LOVED that game!! Playing with the bunk bed went on for a good two hours until it was bed time. Actually it's 10:23 right now and I can still hear the girls whispering and giggling in there...

***side note*** I don't know if you can tell from the picture but we have a very loosy goosy rule for jammies (wear them... don't wear them... it's all good).

17 comments:

Goreapollosa said...

We also have the issue of wearing more than one pair of pjs and usually those not belonging to that child.

Torrie said...

We used to play the ship game too! Looks like a fun slumber party at your house.

Mom/Linda said...

This brings to mind the "girls' dorm room" that we had in Oxnard when we took out the wall between two bedrooms and put all four girls in one big room with two sets of bunk beds. It was a party every night! So who gets the top and who gets the bottom?

Debbie said...

I"m kind of loosy goosy with my pajamas too.

emily w. said...

Cool bed!

The Queen Bee said...

My pj rule is, you only have to wear them in winter because it gets too stinkin cold here. Cute bed. You know your kids aren't spoiled when they appreciate a good garage sale bargain just as much as you do.

Vinyl Wonders said...

YEAH!! The girls look like they LOVE it!! I have a policy on PJ's too. If I know they have a match, either top or bottom, but I can not find it, they have to wear PJ's that never had matches. If there is a match to the Elmo or Batman PJ, they have to wear the coordinating item. Its all or nothing baby!!

Papa Randy said...

Score one for the “C” Parents. Definitely looks like a big hit. Fun times except for the sharks.I just love to hear Morgi laugh. The only thing that could make it better is if we could come and play too. As usual we miss ya’ll.

Taylors said...

How Fun! Some of my fondest memories were of playing on our bunk beds. Do you remember when we would put on Grandma Day's fancy old hads and pretend like the bunkbed was our limosine!

homegirl said...

Let me know how the bunk beds go after awhile. I've been toying with the idea but the thought of the girls fighting who wants bottom and "I can't make my bed" thing.

Laura Swenson said...

I love kids in bunk beds! There are a lot of fun things to do. When they get older, the one on the bottom can annoy the one on top by kicking at the bottom of her mattress and making her bounce up and down. This is especially fun when the top bunkie has been uppity with the bottom bunkie!

Emily said...

It's always so great when I kids appreciate things! How fun for your girls!

KaufusiFamily said...

I always love hand-me-down things. My kids act like they are brand new - well, they are to them. My kids had bunkbeds for about 5 months, then we heard a huge thud. They were seeing how far they could jump off the top onto the other side of the room - even touch the other wall. Lets just say... it was taken down the next day. Plus, we felt bad for our over-night guests (Sean & Sarah) because that meant they had to sleep on th bunk beds. hahah.

Shaun and Aimee said...

I love the new bed. Can I come spend the night? And I love the jammies optional rule!

Eliza said...

Mom- The plan is Riley on top and Brooke and Morgan (when she's a bit older) on bottom.

Homegirl- So far LOTS of playing we've had two nights in a row where the girls are up until almost midnight. I'm hoping the novelty will wear off soon.

Aimee and Shaun- We would love to have you come for a visit but be advised pjs are NOT optional for guests :)

Mom/Linda said...

Why are you up so late? Are you getting rain from Tropical Storm Lyle? Laura says they got 7.5" Thursday night!

Or are you partying on the bunk bed?

Brooke said...

This is great! Maybe our bunk beds will be less cool when you guys stay with us, that would be good so maybe we won't have to hide the ladder...oh wait, we have had ours for 2 years now and we still have to hide the ladder from our son...don't count on the novelty wearing off anytime soon ;) See you soon!!!!!