I couldn't handle seeing the huge words DOVE and BLOOD staring back at me every time I came to check my blog (I guess I really didn't fix that problem did I?). I'm sure most of you felt the same way. The first week of school went ok (there was a minor problem but I'm afraid I would scar my kid if I reported about it on my public blog). I feel like I did ok with all the scheduling and rushing around to be every where we needed to be this week. I know I can improve but I'm pretty proud with how things went this week.
Here are the highlights from my week:
1. I was never late this whole week
2. I was in bed asleep by 10:30 this entire week
3. I showered every morning this week (I know that's kinda tmi but I sometimes get in the habit of "taking a morning off" and just wearing the pony tail)
4. my kids all had enough time to get dressed, do hair and brush their teeth before school this entire week
5. I still had enough energy to make dinner every night this week except one
Things I can improve on for next week:
1. Make a better lunch for myself (I have lived of microwave popcorn and string cheese this last week)
2. get my dishes done before I go to sleep... I think I have two sinks full right now that I need to catch up on
3. layout an outfit for Morgan the night before so Jeremy doesn't have to freelance it (two days ago I picked up my baby wearing size 12 month khaki pants and a size 5T t-shirt... she will be two in November)
4. do my makeup before I leave for work... I hate trying to fight for a spot of the mirror in the girls bathroom with all the teenagers
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sounds hectic- I'm glad it worked out for you. Sometimes it's hard being a girl...
I'm glad you survived--I don't envy your schedule. You could share pointers with our (hopefully) new vice president, another working mom.
I think you are doing great!!!! More than I could say. Definately follow through on the laying out clothes for Morgan! Allthough Daddy outfits are always entertaining!
Ha Ha Ha! I love when husbands try to dress the kids. My favorite was when Brent put Avery in a football cheerleading outfit for church (and of course Drew in a football jersey). I wish they could wear a sign signaling to strangers that daddy dressed them today. Sometimes I don't think the disheveled hair and mismatched clothes are enough of a giveaway.
Your week sounds a great deal like mine. But I think I got you beat---because my 2 year old went into school on Thursday in only a pull-up. Dad said it was really warm.
OMGosh a Pull up!!! Hahahah please don't let Jeremy think that's an option. It's a good thing he doesn't actually read my blog.
Haha, I had popcorn one day, PB crackers 3 days. Today I had a Hershey bar and to make it a little better, bought a milk from the cafeteria. I really need to work on the lunch thing too!
Post a Comment