Monday, August 4, 2008

my birthday boy


My last post was a bit wordy so I wanted to post a separate post to honor/brag about my sweet husband. There are so many things that make him special to all of us.

* Jeremy balances out my zaniness. He lets me be my dorky crazy self and I think he likes it.

* Jeremy is an awesome cook/baker. He really does have mad kitchen skills.

* Jeremy is so smart... when he wants to know something he will spend hours online learning as much as he can about it.

* Jeremy is known in our ward as a wonderful teacher. He has been called as the Elder's Quarum teacher many times since we've been married. I have never really had the opportunity to listen to one of his lessons but EVERYONE in the ward approaches him after church to compliment his lessons.

* Jeremy is so giving to me. He knows how social I am and how much my friendships mean to me and is always so willing to watch the kids at night so I can spend time with my girls.

* Jeremy has never once mentioned my weight to me. He knows how I feel about my weight (ARGHHHH) but he would never say anything to me about it... not even to agree with me if I'm complaining (didn't I mention he was smart?).

* Jeremy LOVES LOVES LOVES his kids. He is so patient with their curiosity and will spend hours with them trying to master a new skill or teaching them to read something or write something. He is SUCH a wonderful father!!

* Jeremy is an excellent brother and son. It's true just ask anyone in his family.

* Jeremy loves me!
*Have I mentioned how cute he is?

I have one quick story to illustrate what a patient sweet daddy he is. When I got home from my week long trip to San Antonio and Austin Jake told me that daddy was going to learn how to solve his Rubik's Cube. That night when I was reading my recently bought copy of Breaking Dawn Jeremy was online researching the algorithms to solve the cube. He was on YouTube watching videos pausing them while he worked on his own cube. He was probably up until 2 am with this project but when he went to bed he had Jake's Rubik's Cube totally solved. He also had notes written down to help him try and explain it to Jake in the morning. I'm just not that good... I would have said something like, "well it's really tricky Jake, just keep trying and you will figure it out one day." What a sweet daddy!!!

7 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

Amen to everything Liza said! Happy Birthday, Jerm--glad you enjoyed your trip down "the Amazon!"

Papa Randy said...

I must agree, that is one fine young man. He must come from good stock. LOL.

emily w. said...

Happy B-day Jeremy! We have to agree that Liza found a good one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jerm! You are a keeper!

Torrie said...

Happy Birthday! We like good daddies because they help keep mommies sane.

Mandee said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy! I have to say I love reading about grown up/husband/daddy Jeremy. He was always such a nice "boy" while we were growing up- I love that he hasn't changed! And I'm so glad he ended up with such a great girl! We so need to meet one of these days!

Laura Swenson said...

We love you, too, Jeremy...