Men and women definitely parent differently, at least Jeremy and I do. I was just talking with my good friend Torrie the other night and I was bragging a little about some of Jeremy's greatest qualities. I totally appreciate his patients and desire to spend time with our kids. I think Jeremy was the one who taught each of our kids how to write all their letters and spell their own names.Here is just one example of how we do things so differently. One of our kids would come up to me and say, "Mommy show me how to write my name." I will take a piece of paper and write it down for them and then tell them to run off and practice while I finish the dishes or fold some laundry. Jeremy on the other hand would get the same request and sit down with them for an hour going over and over the different steps until they mastered it. He is just so patient with things like that.
Jeremy is the one that taught them how to tie their shoes, ride their bikes, and the VERY important skill of passing the first couple levels of Pac-Man. About a month ago Jake found an old Rubik's Cube in his toy box and brought it to Jeremy and I. He asked if either of us knew how to solve it and I said, "no just keep working on it and maybe you'll get it." Jeremy on the other hand takes Jake to the computer and looks up videos on YouTube of people solving it in record speed. Jake was so amazed by it, he asks Jeremy if he could learn how to do that and teach him. Jake then went onto bed and Jeremy stayed up until 3:00 am teaching himself all the steps you need to solve it. They have tutorials on YouTube with all the steps and algorithms that you need to memorize to solve it every time. The next morning Jake woke up and found his Rubik's Cube totally solved on his desk. He was THRILLED. Over the last month they have had several hours of tutoring sessions and Jake can now solve the thing with little to no prompting (it takes him a long time to get it though). Jeremy has the thing solved now in well under 3 mins. Jeremy now wants to start working with Riley on it.
Like I said he has sooooo much patients. I'm so glad we have each other to balance everything out for one another and our kids.

8 comments:
Do you think Jerm could figure out tatting and teach me? I've tried and tried and can't figure it out.
The Clement kids are lucky to have two great parents!
I agree with mom Linda, great parents. Jeremy is the bomb, what a great sln too. Eliza you also have my vote for President or should I say madame President.
What a great Dad! It sure makes our lives easier when our husbands are such great fathers. Way to go Jeremy!
I would agree with mom/linda... The clement kids have TWO wonderful parents. It made me a little teary eyed that Jeremy stayed up late just to figure it out for Jacob.
Jason is definitely one of those guys. When I went back to work, Jason stayed home in the morning and did his OWN home schooling (pre-school). He had their art projects hung up all over the house and they had their letters memorized and everything. Yep... I had been home with them for about 2 years and I didn't manage any of that. hahahah!
It's all about the yin and yang! I am sure greatfull for my yang! That sounds kinda creepy, you know what I mean. The Clement children are sure lucky to have such a patient and loving father,mom's not bad either!
I'm leaving a comment, Eliza. I figured it out.
What an awesome dad!
The Rubik's Cube haunted me for many years. Ever since I was little and had one that I could not solve. So, last year, I too found the tutorials online and have also mastered the art of "Rubik's". Way to go Jeremy. Nate
Post a Comment