I want to thank everyone for their kind comments, thoughts, and prayers. We are all doing very well other than a nasty bruise across my shoulder that is lingering everyone seems to be recovered. I can't say think you enough to our wonderful friends and family and for everything they did for us. I have co-workers who are driving me to Jeremy's work everyday so I can pick up our remaining van. I have a wonderful visiting teacher who made us dinner the day after it happened and I have had several friends who have pitched in to babysit while I was at doctors appointments for both myself and Jake. Lastly we have wonderful family members who have called to check up on us and have offered great advice and support. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
On a much lighter note we want to wish my dad a very happy 58th birthday. Dad is such a wonderful example of hard work, charity, and generosity. Dad is beloved by many members of the La Rosa Spanish branch where he served as their branch president for years and blessed the members there with these attributes. I love my dad's great sense of humor and quick wit. I have always looked up to him and have always tried to live my life in a way that would make him proud. Here are just a few fun facts about my dad:
1. think Monk but on a slightly smaller scale
2. dad was the best tipper I ever had as a waitress
3. dad served a mission for the church in both Columbia and Venezuela
4. while driving through the country on our yearly family trips dad always found a family to "help" out who needed a little money for gas or for some other reason
5. dad is a very avid Wii player (he actually loves all games this is his newest obsession)
6. dad loves music and introduced me to many classic artists such as: Steve Earl, Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, and Johnny Cash
We Love you Daddy happy birthday!!!!

5 comments:
Glad to have you back and semi well. I've been checking hoping for a update. Was your car totaled? Do you get to get a new one? Glad everyone is OK. :)
On behalf of Dad, thank-you for all the kind comments. We are blessed beyond words with the family that we have.
I'm glad you are back and doing better! What a blessing that so many people have helped and showed their love. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been. Happy Birthday to your awesome Dad too!! I said this on Emily's blog, but he really was the best seminary teacher EVER!!
Your dad is great!!! He is an example to us all.
I want you to know that I continue to keep your names on the prayer list at the Lubbock temple. This week I added Brooke especially and individually along with Jake and the rest of you. I know that there is great power in prayer and I hope you take comfort and faith knowing that twice a day when the temple is open, special prayer is offered in your behalf.
I love you and would do anything to support and help you.
Dear Clement kids,
You are really great singers! Thank you for remembering my birthday. It made me really happy to get your birthday song and messages. Ashton left me a birthday song message, too. I think all of the grandkids should get together and form a band!
Papa Bill
Post a Comment