Saturday, September 8, 2007

Another post!!!





I know it's almost unheard of, me posting so often in the same week I am really going to keep you all on your toes. You will never know if I am going to keep Mitt up for two months or post 4 times in a week. We had such a fun day today I felt like making a little slide show. Today the kids and I went to a "teddy bear clinic" at our local children's hospital. As we arrived and signed in each child got a backpack filled with goodies and then went around to several booths that had different freebies (I LOVE FREEBIES). Every child was also fitted with a new FREE bike helmet. After the booths we took our dolls and bears to a clinic to get checked out. First stop was the triage nurse then on to a doctor who ordered any further testing or lab work. We then went to the appropriate test or lab and I am afraid all three or our stuffed animals ended up in surgery. We got their broken bones taken care of then it was off to the pharmacy to fill their prescriptions. All the nurses and doctors were so great! They spent tons of time with the kids making sure they understood what their "babies" needed and explaining what they were doing. In the parking lot they had the fire department with a mobile home that they filled with smoke to show kids how to get out safe. We also got to check out the ambulance and lifestar helicopter. What a great FREE day it was. As we were leaving Jake said he wants to go again next year to see what they are giving away. I am a little embarrassed to say he gets that from me. I am all about the community free/cheap things around here. I took lots of pictures and recommend this event to any of my fellow Amarillians (sp?) next year.

7 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

*There are some lovely people working community services in Amarillo!

*Riley looks like she has grown six inches since June!

*What a good Mom you are to seek out so many fun experiences for the kids!

*I hope all of the babies and bears are recovering nicely.

Mom/Linda said...

P.S. How did you do the slide show? Very cool--

Eliza said...

WOW I just posted this blog and *BAM* 2 comments from mom. I have seen lots of other fancier blogs using these slide show websites so I clicked a link on one of them to "make my own slide show" it really was very easy. I recommend this if you have lots of pics to show it's much more compact and tidy (I know you appreciate tidy *smile*)

emily w. said...

We're very impressed. I'll have to see if we have a teddy bear clinic here in San Antonio. We love the FREEBIES too.

Emily said...

How fun! Your kids are adorable! It's obvious you are a great Mom!
Thanks for sharing.

David and Amanda said...

Looks like fun. Hey, who isn't about the free stuff? I would have been all over that. Those kids are SURE DANG CUTE!

Williams Family Dirt said...

What an awesome day of fun! I love when communities sponsor events like that...