
As most of you all know the very adorable Mandee Grant picked me as one of her extremely lucky Pay It Forward (PIF) winners. I was so shocked when I found out. I got to work and had to go into a very long explanation of this amazing blog PIF that I had won with a bunch of people who didn't even know what a blog was. I think they were impressed because everyday they ask, "did you get it yet?" I feel like the dad from the movie Christmas Story. I have won a "major award". Well I did agree that if I won I would gladly PIF just as Mandee herself had done. So here goes the rules and legal stuff (I have always wanted to allude to legal stuff) I have taken these rules from our cousin Jocelyn's blog but have tweaked them slightly to make them my own.
1. I promise to make 3 lucky comment makers a handmade gift as soon as I get around to it (with in a two week time period)
2. Comment makers must have a blog and be willing to PAY IT FORWARD if they win.
3. I will choose 3 winners randomly, based on a one entry per person rule.
4. There is NO possibility I will give the winners a little choice of what they may want. (I wish I could offer a choice but really my best talents can't be shipped so you will just have to take the one thing I do well and can send you)
5. Comments must be a little interesting to read....I'm not gonna count a "count me in" comment. Give me a little something funny, something new I may not know about you...I'm talking quality information. Maybe why you would like to Pay it Forward...or how you feel about the challenge all together. If you have been lurking around my blog and I don't know you please make yourselves known. I would love to get to know you, or see your blog too. An introduction would be FANTASTIC.
6. I know most of you are related to me but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enter I think you will still like what I am giving away and the drawing will be completely random so your chances are no better or worse. (This one is for my mom who doesn't think she should enter because we are related)
7. A special rule for my brother Carl and sisters Sarah and Clare: START A BLOG you might win something cool!!!!
8. Now for the time line. All comments left before Friday, September 28th at 11:59 pm will be counted and I will announce the winners Saturday morning. Good luck everyone.
On a personal note I will feel really stupid if I get my typical 3-6 comments. Please don't let me feel stupid you 3-6 people who actually read my blog... tell your friends!
Let the commenting begin...

17 comments:
Let me be the first to enter your PIF. I'm family and I'm definitely not shy about entering to win some free stuff...even if it's from my own sister.
Reasons I should win:
1. I will most definitely pay it forward with some good junk (and quickly since I'm having a baby in 6 weeks)
2. I'm one of your biggest blog fans and most copious commenters.
3. I once rescued you from being left stranded in a Disneyland bathroom without pants (you'll have to ask Liza for the full story)...if that's not sisterly love, I don't know what is!
4. In the words of Riley, "I'm not lucky". Make me lucky!
I will have to come out of lurkdom to post an award winning comment.
I would love to win something with PIF and return the gesture.
You are a wonderful mom and I love reading all the new stories!! You have converted me to this wonderful bloggable world and I am very excited!!
I am a little concerned I will not be able to have enough comments though to PIF, so you may automatically win. I will try to be a good blog missionary and bring others to the fold.
You crack me up, Liza! Being funny is definitely one of your talents. I would like to be considered for your PIF award. I think the last thing I won was a month free diaper service when Carl was born. (Everyone under 40 is saying, "What the heck is diaper service????"
Wait... what are you giving away? A kick in the pants? Sorry, I have nothing especially entertaining to say. I could start repeating inside jokes from high school wouldn't actually get (20 lb chickens that wet old men's pants standing on the backs of purple flying camels with zits, anyone?)
Thanks for the comment today! Glad to have found you, even if it was quite accidental. We had a boy followed by 3 girls too - and then finally another boy. Not sure if that's it or not (we said it was, but then we also said that after #3, and #4, and... you get the idea!)
Glad to see, and catch up a bit, with you all (or should that be y'all, considering??) :P
I am very excited about the pay it forward and I have to say that you do MANY more things well than one, but I will be excited to see which talent you choose to bless the winners with. You pretty much know everything about me (and still like me which is still a mystery) but I guess maybe you don't know that when I was growing up I wanted to be a ballerina doctor, which, in case you didn't know, is a ballerina who is also a doctor as well as a doctor who caters to ballerinas. I guess I got pretty close to my "dream". I think this is a wonderfully fun and exciting thing to do and I would love to win and be able to recruit more bloggers as you have so skillfully done. Good luck to us!!!!! Love ya!
Liza, it is crazy you know Jenn. She doesn't know me, but I read her posts on BabyCenter all the time. She is a funny girl.
I know I missed the dead line but I had to leave a comment for 2 reasons. One was to bust you out of the 6 comment block and second because I remember the "no pants at Disneyland" story and am laughing still!!!
Good luck with your contest, I wish I had found it sooner so I could see what you were making. Love Ya
Tam
OK, now I'm tripping out, wondering who Winterton Wonders is, LOL!!! It's a small world after all, it's... well, you know. :0)
Mark was totally tripping out that you guys have 5 kids now. *sigh* All the ol' Bako-people have grown up, eh?
Wait a sec Jenn we only have 4 kids. Don't start spreading rumors... hahaha
TYPO!!! LOL, I SO meant 4. I guess I'm just used to typing 5 for my own brood. ;0)
Hey, and you seem to be starting a rumor that Tam and I are polygamists... you have us both married to Michael in your links! ;0) (Hers is Michael, mine is Mark, in your defense, they're only 2 years apart and *some* people think they look alike :P)
I sure hope it's something chocolate. Sure woudl like to see some pics of the prettest and handsomest kids in Texas. Keep on Keeping on.
DON'T count me. I just wanted to say how much I've loved reading your blog and I'm so glad we re-connected!
I don't need to be considered for a major award because I don't usually blog. However- I did want to say hello and I miss you guys!
Eliza...You're the comment queen...you have way more than 6! I can't enter your contest because I won Jocelyn's...I would love to win yours too, but I cannot possibly make that much stuff! So good luck...post what you make!!
Okay, I am not sure if I am crossing any blog boundries but Liza, I am actually leaving a comment for someone else... Just remember "love YA!!!"
Emily, I am having trouble leaving messages on your blog so hopefully you see this. I just wanted to let you know that I really love your blog and think you Halloween decorations are really great. You did more then I would have!!
Love Tamra
Eliza it was so good to hear from you. It has been so long. Your family is adorable. I hope everything it treating you well in Texas and I would love to see you next time you are in Bakersfield. ~Jill P.S. I also really like to win stuff :)
Post a Comment