



A couple of weeks ago the local t.v. sports guy started asking for people to email him with challenges. He was up for any kind of challenge (sports, board games, foot race, bingo what ever). He would choose a challenge to accept then come to you with a film crew and capture the challenge for all to see. When Jake heard this throw down he was all over it. He begged me to email Brad Frailick to challenge him to a little one on one "hillbilly golf". I went ahead and emailed him and later heard back from him that he was very interested even though he had no idea what "hillbilly golf" was. I sent him a link to the wikipedia definition and he set up a good day and time to meet us. Today was the big day and so I packed up the four kids and we meet Brad and his camera man at our favorite park this evening for the big challenge. It was so much fun for Jake!! I was nervous that Jake would get a little emotional if he didn't win so I kept prompting him about being a good sport. I was very proud of Jake (there were no tears shed at anytime). The segment will air on Monday night and they said that there will be a link on their website for people to watch the edited version of the challenge. I don't want to spoil the outcome so I will include the link in a later blog for all to view. Here are some pictures and a short video we took tonight. Enjoy!
I am now starting to reconsider the whole park trip with the kids. I got out of the hospital three days ago after being admitted for lung complications and breathing problems. Perhaps playing with the kids in a giant sandbox is not "just what the doctor ordered."

4 comments:
Love it! My bet is on Jake to win the hillbilly golf (however I may have some inside information). Cute pics of the kids and I absolutely love the Brooke story. Definitely a classic.
My money is on the Jakester cause he has beat me before and I am wicked good. Go Jake Go. Yes sir that's my grandson.
High five, Jake!
I love that you are so "in" with all the local news stations and reporters. You should be famous! I bet Jake won too and if he didn't that reporter is a dork for not throwing the game to a cutie-patootie 8-year-old!
Post a Comment