Friday, September 21, 2007

The best 3 year old birthday party ever!!











As promised I am reporting on our awesome time in Lubbock last weekend. We had such a blast and must start off by thanking Garth and Brooke Thomas for being such great hosts. We went to Lubbock because Garth Jr. was turning three and we wanted to be at his birthday party to help him celebrate. I am in the habit of: A. not doing birthday parties until my kids REALLY know when their birthday is and know if we didn't have a party for them, and B. Not spending much more that about $20 for the whole shebang. The Thomas family apparently are not on the same party page as I am. Let's just say there was really no need to go to any county fair after this party. There was a great cook out (around these parts you can't call anything a BBQ unless it involves brisket), horse back ridding, a huge fabulous water slide, a bounce house, and a great little swing set/sand box combo. On top of it all the entire ward was invited and I would guess there were at least 100 people there. It was a blast!! I am feeling a little bit guilty about Brooke's last birthday party which included a 1/2 price belated Valentine's Day cake (Brooke's birthday in February 18th), 75% off Valentine's Day decorations and one guest. We keep things simple. Thanks so much for the great time Thomas family it was great!

4 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I want a heads-up on Garth Lee's wedding reception.

emily w. said...

Wow! I thought our little shindig today was pretty involved...we didn't even have any farm animals.

http://web.mac.com/ericcwhite/iWeb/The%20White%20House/Blog/50F46A07-E997-4597-BDF9-26396A9DE728.html

Tam said...

That does sound like a great party. We are getting ready for Kessa's birthday here and am trying to come up with an idea for Princesses and Pirates (Kessa wants bought!!). I am thinking something like "Come one and all to Kessa's Third PP Part". I am not sure if 3 year olds will get what the PP stands for though. They may think it means something else all together! AND that wouldn't make for a good party.

Brooke said...

The party was a blast, but you guys being here to celebrate with us made all the difference. We love you so much and look forward to getting together again soon!