Monday, September 10, 2007

yummy...


Tonight for Family Home Evening we made some of our family's favorite cookies. I thought I would pass along the recipe for anyone interested. I love this recipe because it is so fast and I have NEVER messed it up!!

Cranberry-White Chocolate Cookies

Makes about 2 dozen large cookies

2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. balking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. baking soda

1/2 C. butter (softened)

1 1/2 C. sugar

2 large eggs

1 1/2 C. white chocolate chips

6 oz. dried cranberries

zest of one orange (optional but nice if you have an orange laying around)


combine: flour and next 3 ingredients; set aside.

beat: butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add orange zest.

add: flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.

roll: dough into large balls and place on lightly greased baking sheet. cookies don't spread much so you really don't need to allow too much room between cookies.

bake: at 350 for 10-12 mins. or until lightly browned on bottom. Cookies are very lightly colored when cooked they never really "brown".


** I have tried this recipe with splenda instead of sugar and I really liked they way they turned out. They were more like a dense scone but still VERY tasty. With all these cranberries in them I like to consider them a health food. ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I won't be able to sleep tonight--visions of these cookies will be dancing in my head!

Jenn said...

YUM! And just saying hello... I found you by clicking on a link on a blog that I got to by clicking on a link on a blog that I got to by... you get the idea. They were all people whom I either knew, or whose names sounded familiar from my single and newlywed days. I mentioned your name to my sister-in-law Tamra, and she got VERY excited... LOL... anyway, just wanted to let you know we aren't crazy stalkers... :0)

Jenn W