Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jake's challenge--the update...

For those of you who read my previous post about the "hillbilly golf" challenge I have that promised link ready for your viewing pleasure. The segment aired last night at 10 and even though we had it all set to record Jake just couldn't go to sleep in anticipation. I let him fake on again/off again sleep until 10:20 then he heard the t.v. announce his segment so he was allowed to come and watch it for himself. He was beaming through the whole deal. I can't tell you how proud he was for winning. Here is the link to the sports page on the t.v. website. You will have to find the button that says "I beat Brad-Hillbilly golf". I need to go wake up a VERY sleepy boy for school. Wish me luck!

http://myhighplains.com/content/sports

5 comments:

emily w. said...

I just showed the segment to the girls and Abby was VERY impressed. This was their reaction. Liv: "Hey, that boy looks like our cousin Jacob." Abby: "That IS our cousin Jacob." We're so proud to be related to a Texas celebrity.

Monica said...

Jacob has your knack for being famous! What was that show...Mystery Science Theatre 3000 or something... where they showed your high school graduation announcement??? Memories...

Mom/Linda said...

WAY TO GO JAKE!!!!! The Clements are becoming the face of the news in Amarillo. Did anyone else pick up on the Texas accent in Jake's closing remark?

Emily said...

What a cute kid that Jake is!!! I loved it!! I was impressed with how calm and grown up he seemed. You've done a good job! And...I can't wait to try those cookies. Mmmm.

CHERIE said...

Wow, Jacob, I'm impressed with your skills at Hillbilly Golf and how handsome and professional you looked on TV. Congratulations to a cool celebrity!