
I was asked by Riley's teacher to help out on a first grade field trip to the High Plains Historical Museum in Canyon Texas. I was thrilled that I was able to arrange my work schedule so I could go. We had a wonderful time. As we were driving down to Canyon from Amarillo I was told that I had the best of the best kids in my group so that I would be willing to possibly do this again next month when they all go to Wild Cat Bluff. After we got to Canyon we had our little sack lunches and then went into the museum for about two hours to tour around. I thought one of the most interesting things in the museum was this piece. It appears to be a carving of three American Indians blowing bubbles.

Just as promised my group was fantastic. I had five little kiddos including Riley and I'm proud to say that no one in our group set off an alarm or bled in the museum. I can't say the same thing for the other groups there.
5 comments:
I want to know more about the kids who bled and/or set off alarms. I once chaperoned a field trip to the L.A. Zoo. It was a nightmare. One child (NOT IN MY GROUP) got lost and we waited in the bus for over two hours until they found him. Tell Riley I'm very proud of her for being in the "best of the best" group!
Looks like fun. BTW that's a very cute picture of you and Riley. You look beautiful, as does Riley of course.
I cant wait till the boys are school age and I can go on field trips with them. It looks like the kids had fun. Riley is looking so grown up and pretty. My favorite part of field trips was always the awesome sack lunch we got to take. Mom always splurged for the field trips. The best was the can of soda wrapped in foil!
I'm always amazed at your willingness to watch, chaperone or be around other people's children for long periods of time. Some days it's all I can do not to go crazy with my 2!
School trips are soooo much fun. Glad you got to do it. Love Museums!
Post a Comment