Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ding Dong...


The TMI (too much information) part of my brain doesn't always work so sometimes I need to ask friends if certain stories are a little too much for my family blog. I have a great story that cracks me up but until I read this post on my friend's blog I wasn't sure if it was TMI or in any way offensive. I know I wasn't offended just amused.


Let me set the stage for you... a few weeks back Jeremy and I were in our bedroom with most of the kids. I was messing around on our computer and Jeremy was watching a basketball game in his baggy athletic shorts with a pillow on his lap. Riley and Morgan were playing together on the floor between our computer and t.v.


Morgan is very fond of playing the ever popular baby game of, "find the belly button". Riley was keeping her entertained by said game and I kept hearing them finding each other's button and then pushing it and saying, "ding dong". They kept taking turns finding and then ringing each other's "ding dong" it was cracking Morgan up. I guess the game was getting a little old though because as I was checking out blogs I over heard Riley say, "Morgan let's find Daddy's ding dong." I looked over at Jeremy who was very much "in the zone" so he was totally unaware of the game that was being played between the girls or what Riley had just said. Riley kind of crawled over to Jeremy and then once again said, "where's Daddy's ding dong?" This time as she said it she started to stick her hand underneath his pillow. Jeremy heard it this time and the look on his face was priceless. He jumped out of his chair and grabbed that pillow for dear life. He looked at a confused Riley and said, "What are you doing?!?!?!" Our very confused innocent little Riley said, "playing find the ding dong with Morgan." Now Jeremy was the confused one he looked at me and I was just busting up. I lifted up my shirt a little, pointed at my own belly button and repeated what Riley said, "they're playing find the ding dong Jerm." It was hilarious!!

15 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

That was so funny. I am crying.

Torrie said...

I'm so glad you decided to post this story. So Funny!!! Even Brent laughed.

emily w. said...

That's hilarious. I can totally picture the look on Jerm's face. And that is the CUTEST picture of Morgan. She's getting so big.

Tam said...

I must have a dirty mind because I thought you were going to say Jeremy didn't have any pants on and that is why the pillow was there. I know that doesn't make much sense but you remember what kind of household I grew up in. You never knew when you were goint to walk in on my dad NAKED!!!

Jen said...

Please, we all love TMI! You keep it real, and really funny!

Jocelyn said...

GREAT story! I am so glad you shared this moment with us ALL. :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I can't stop giggling. That is the kind of thing that happens here all the time.

Willow

clare said...

Chris and I appreciated that story- very funny! Morgan is getting so big and so cute. We didn't think it was TMI, just silly.

Emily said...

Thanks for the good laugh!! What would we do without our kids around to make us laugh!!

The Queen Bee said...

I think TMI is our middle name lately. My kids informed some DROP IN guests the other day that I didn't have a bra on! If they had been expected guests things would have been different.

Jen Wolff said...

Classic! Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today! Definitely not TMI!

Anna B said...

I'm glad I gave you the courage to tell that very cute and funny story.

homegirl said...

That was too funny! I love those kind of stories. I'm sure that one will always be remembered!

Monica said...

You are hilarious!! and I guess the family is too. And that NKOTB concert was in Jr. High. I totally remember the big deal it was when they came to town. So Funny!!

Mom/Linda said...

You need to write a book about all the hilarious things your kids (mostly Riley) say and do! She is definitely your Liza!