
Last night we were having what I call a mobile FHE. being a one car family we needed to pick up Jeremy at work at about 8:15 and then get everyone home, have our scripture study time, brush teeth, get pjs on and lights out by 9:00. This meant we would use our drive time for our FHE lesson. Jake was assigned the lesson and had prepared a great one on tithing. He started the lesson off by using his "primary teacher" voice and asking, "Does anyone know what tithing is?" I rose my hand and the two older girls followed my lead. Jake asked Brooke first (in the same primary teacher voice), "Brooke what do you think it means?" Brooke yelled back, "Mom raised her hand too, ask her first!" I think he called her bluff. He then asked Riley, "Riley what do you think it means?" Riley's answer I think demonstrates that she in not always the most attentive member of primary/FHE, "Ummmm..... It makes you itchy all over." Jake was a little confused by this answer but went right on with his lesson.
I am proud to say that all three of the oldest Clement children could now answer the question:
What is tithing? (or at least they could have on Monday night)

8 comments:
What blue eyes - and what a fun story. I am not the best at fhe with Michael working late but I have been thinking lately about how I am not doing my kids any favors by not trying. Good for you for doing it no matter what!!!
Riley is so funny and that is a really cute picture of her.
The other day we let Abby stay up later than Liv and Liv actually said, "Abby's lucky. I'm not lucky." Could it be a second child syndrome?
Thanks for the idea about "Mobile FHE" I am going to use that one. Baseball season has started.
Ha Ha! Mobile FHE, I love it. At least you are doing it!
Don't you just wonder what Riley was picturing in her head when Jake asked that question? I love it. This is why I love Primary children, especially yours...they are too funny!
You know, I think Riley had it right all the time. When you first start paying tithing, it kinda does make you itch. But after a while the itch goes away and it becomes really easy to pay tithing. Riley with those beautiful blue eyes, I will believe anything you say. Hey I am just a grandpa, but that's my opinion. Brooke is right, Mom did raise her hand first.
I love it!!
We have totally had mobile FHEs. But ours was because we really wanted to go to Cold Stone and we got started late! Whatever works... right?!?
Post a Comment