Luckily for everyone in my family we had stuff on the calendar. Saturday morning we had a ward primary activity. The theme was preparing for General Conference and our presidency did an amazing job. The kids loved playing a General Authority matching game, they made conference bingo cards, we had singing time, they each got to take home a General Conference activity book and crayons to keep them interested/quiet during conference next weekend. It was a lot of fun for everyone and we topped it off by eating President Monson's favorite dessert... ice cream!! I know Riley was paying attention because in the car after the activity she said to me, "Mom did you know we have a new prophet? His name's President Monson!" I don't know where she has been the last couple of months but I'm pleased to see that she had her little light bulb moment.
After the activity I took the three oldest kids and Jake's best buddy Beau out for lunch and then to our local children's science museum, the Discovery Center. We had a great time I unfortunately didn't have my camera with me but the kids had a blast checking out all of the exhibits. They have two main exhibits right now including "the amazing human body" there is a little area that focuses on gas they have some bouncy stools that the kids can keep bounce up and down on each time lands it lets out a loud gassy sound. Needless to say this was the hot spot for my kids to hang out at. After spending all day together Jake got invited to go to Beau's grandparent's house for a movie night. From the report I got they had a blast. Later that evening I went to a my good friend Shaunna's house (her husband is working out of town this week so she needed some company) we rented a chick flick and I worked on my singing time props the next day. It was so fun to sit and visit with her I am sure going to miss her when she moves this summer.
Sunday Jeremy stayed home with Morgan she seems to have a stomach virus or something because she has lots of diarrhea and gas. Poor baby isn't really sleeping well and she really seems to be uncomfortable. I took the other three kids and I had my usual singing time with the primary. I really like my calling I can be creative I get to have fun with the kids and I get to learn new songs and relearn all the classics I grew up on. This week I got my singing time idea from where I get all of my better ideas... the internet. It really turned out cute I know I have a couple of friends who work Primary on here so I will show you what I did. We started the April song, We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet, and I made some props to try and help the kids remember the the words for the first verse and then I took pictures of them holding their props up. I will glue the pictures onto card stock so THEY can be the visual aide. I did this last year with one song and they LOVED it.
We thank thee, O God, for a prophet To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel To lighten our minds with its rays.
We thank thee for every blessing Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee And love to obey thy command.
I realize that two out of the four kids here are mine. I took several pictures of kids holding the same props and I will chose two from jr. and two from sr. primary to make the "final cut" for my visual aide. I didn't want people to think I favored my kids... If anything I am drawn to two other family's kids because they behave so well for me in singing time.

9 comments:
This is great! If you don't mind, I'd love to share this with our Stake. I agree so much with using fun props when teaching a new song and I am always looking for fun activities to share with wards who are in a rut! Your ward is so lucky to have you in Primary! Keep sharing...you are so clever!
Is that a Lovett girl???
Wow!! Primary sure is lucky to have you!!
How fun. I miss working in primary - I mean something other then nursery (where I am now). I haven't worked in primary for so long I think I am due.
I am sorry to hear about Morgan. James has something right now and is sleeping a lot. In fact - I should go and check on him, it has been a while. Luv ya
Aunt Laura good eye. This is Hannah she is now 11 years old I think.
What a cute idea. I bet the kids loved it. And where is Shaunna moving to? That means they will be looking for a new R.S. president--are you secure in your calling? :)
Now it's time to update us on your mom.
Hey... this is Tenille (Sean's sister). Sarah showed me your blog when she was here for Easter. I LOVE IT! I check it daily. She said you have the best posts because you tell it like it is. My husband and I get a kick out your team-players for Easter morning. hahaha. Hope all is well with your mom and Abby. They are still in our prayers.
-Tenille kfamklan.blogspot.com
Cute idea! I'm sure the kids loved it!
Super cute, you're so talented! :)
Post a Comment