As blessed as my life is the last couple of months have been a little yucky for the Clement Clan, shall we recap?
1. We had the car accident which has left us down to one vehicle now for over a month... the van should be fixed in another week or two.
2. The good news is Jake's new doctor thinks he can finally clear him up. The bad news is that the drug he needs to start is actually a mild chemotherapy drug which comes with all the potential nasty side effects.
3. My mother, whom I am probably in contact with like 6-8 times a day, was admitted last night to the ICU at Memorial hospital 1,100 miles away from me. Things were critical last night however she seems to have turned a corner. We have all been praying like crazy for her and my dad. She will probably be in ICU for a couple more days and then if all goes well they will downgrade her condition and move her to the regular hospital.
4. Just got a call from my sister and her little girl is now being admitted to the hospital (thankfully it's not nearly as serious as my mom). She will hopefully be able to come home in a day or two.
You may ask, "Liza, where's the silver lining" ?
Well our very smart son just got his results for the big Texas standardized test and he not only passed (had he not passed he would have had to repeat the third grade again) but was commended (he only missed one problem). I guess the great state of Texas now knows what we already knew. Jake is one smart kid!! I think we were all due for a little good news around here.
Any and all prayers are welcome on behalf of my mother. She has such a strong personal testimony of the power of prayer and I know she would appreciate it. She inspires so many people everyday. We love you mom!!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
So sorry to hear that you are experiencing all of that! How great that you are able to recognize your blessings in the midst of all the mess. Your mother and niece are in our prayers. Hope all turns out well! Love you guys!
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope everyone feels better soon.
And to Jake-Congratulations! It's no suprise that you did so well on your test and were commended for it. You are a smart boy and anyone would be silly not to recognize that. Great job!
She will be in our thoughts and prayers.. please tell her to get well soon.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! Her and your Dad (and the rest of your family) will be in our prayers. I hope all goes well. We will also be praying for your niece. Is it Emily's little girl?
((HUGS))
I hope everything turns out ok for your family. Not fun news when you are so far away. We will keep everyone in our prayers.
Liza, Please please please let me know if I can do anything!!!! I am only an hour drive away from your Mom if that helps at all...seriously I mean it! This stinks for all of you, but you girls (including Mom) are VERY strong women and will pull through! Thank you for asking for our prayers, it will be my first priority!!! Love you!
I understand how you feel. Last summer my family went through much of the same as your's is. It's hard being several states away at times like these. Thank goodness for Ward families and wonderful Bishop's. I hope everyone is better soon.
Sorry! Hope things go well with all.
I just read Emily's blog and heard about your mom - I am so glad she is feeling better and will be in a reg. room soon.
Good for Jake - I remember school in Texas. I don't know about now but when I was his age Texas was pretty serious about education.
Man you sound like a busy woman these days, lots goin' on. I will most definitely keep you and your sweet mom in our prayers. What an example of optimism you are,...you have every reason to be though. You have a beautiful family. Take care cute girl!!
Post a Comment