Tuesday, March 25, 2008

TAG I'm it... again

I got tagged by two of my friends (thanks Cami and Leasa) this one's different and not really fair for someone who was blessed with an 8 letter middle name. Here are the rules:
You must post the rules before you give your answers.You must list one fact about yourself for each letter of your middle name. Each fact must begin with that letter. If you don’t have a middle name, just use your maiden name. After you’ve been tagged, you need to update your blog with your middle name and answers. At the end of your post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged and need to read your blog for details.

Just to mix it up I am going to challenge myself with this one and try and only give you some embarrassing facts. Doesn't this whole thing kind of remind you of the "poems" we all wrote in elementary school?


Forgot my own anniversary. Believe me Jeremy likes to use this one against me from time to time. I was young... I was busy... there is no excuse. Sadly I can't remember which anniversary it was. I'm thinking it was our 3rd, maybe 4th...


LOATHE laundry!!! I'm talking mountains of laundry that I need to do at any given time. It's so bad that if you do the pop in at my house and you happen to see my "laundry table" (this is where we keep the clean clothes) I will probably tell you I'm working on a big laundry project. I really don't consider this a lie because I always have a "laundry project".


Oprah addict... You know the type, always quoting her or something seen on her show. My daughter Brooke at a very young age would point at classy black women at the grocery store and call them Oprah. That kind of a addiction. I really don't think it's all that embarrassing but Jeremy does so I will add it.


Raunchy sulfur burps (I told you I was going with embarrassing). This is totally a medical condition I really can't control when I get them or how long they will last. I would say I have a case of them 2-4 times a year. I don't know how much detail you all would like but let's just say the first time I had a case after Jeremy and I were married I was horrified. Jeremy's a good sport but he would be the first to tell you it's HORRIBLE.


Earlobe: I once ripped off my sweet, beautiful, precious baby daughter's earlobe. Here's what happened; Jake (4 yrs. old) and Riley (about 2 yrs old) loved playing in our backyard. They would beg me to let them play out there on our little plastic jungle gym. I had a very new baby Brooke whom I was busy feeding/taking care of so I would go outside make sure all the gates were locked and tell them they could play as long as they promised to stay right where I could see them. I would then leave the back door open and try to multi task with taking care of Brooke and watching them at the same time. They would do pretty good on their own until they started a horrible habit of turning on the outside hose and coming in soaked. This went on a couple of times with me "talking" to them about how naughty that was and them promising me to NEVER do it again. After they started this bad habit every time they would ask to go out I would look them in their little eyes and say, "only if you promise not to turn on the water." They of course would promise and then come back into the house soaked and muddy and I would get incredibly frustrated with it all. I really really wanted them to be good in the backyard because I loved that they could run around while I was working on lunch, cleaning, laundry or baby. One week was particularly bad and when they came up to the back door soaked and dirty three days in a row (we all know how much I loathe laundry). The fourth time this happened I sort of snapped and grabbed Jake's shirt ripped it off his head took off his pants and made him march straight to the tub. I then went to do the same thing with Riley really trying hard to express how upset I was with their decision. I grabbed her shirt and yanked it off her body yanking with it her little hoop earring that just ripped right through her tiny little earlobe. It was horrible. Bleeding everywhere she was crying. Jake was crying. I was crying. Jeremy was at work with our only car. Her earlobe hung by a small piece of skin I grabbed an ice pack and a towel for her to hold onto while I called Jeremy back home so we could rush to the hospital. We got there and I felt like such a monster as I waited for the doctor to come and make my baby whole again. The doctor was able to sew it back on and assured me that he sews ears on all the time from earring accidents. Horrible!! We never did re pierce our Riley or pierce our other two daughters.

Sadly about two weeks later Jake and Riley came to me to see if they could go outside to play again and I looked them in the eyes and said, "please, please, please don't turn on the water again... ok?" Jake said ok and Riley said, "or else you will rip my ear off again?"

HORRIBLE!!


Napped on the job. I use to work for a cleaning company as a janitor. I would go to an office park at night with a small crew and clean the offices. I worked for the company for a couple of months when they asked me if I wanted to fill in for some guy who worked at one of those huge bank buildings where they rent space to other businesses as well. I would be working a six hour shift starting early in the morning (I think it was 7:00 am) and until noon. I would have the responsibility to clean the outside of this tall building including windows and parking garage before they opened for business. Once they were open I would need to keep a pager on me and they would page me if I was needed for some kind of janitorial emergency. If I was not being paged I would just have to make sure things looked nice and neat inside if trashes were getting full in the lobby area I had to empty them, If ashtrays were getting full outside I needed to clean them. Really nothing specific just make sure it looked ok. I would get my outside work done in like 45 min. and then I found this small vacant office on an upper floor that I would lay on the floor and fall asleep in everyday. I only had to fill in for a couple of weeks but I think it was the easiest money I have ever made. By the way there were no "janitorial emergencies" thank goodness. I'm not even sure what that would entail but I'm pretty sure it would have been disgusting.


Cryed at a NKOTB (in cause you are a younger reader to my blog that would be New Kids On The Block) concert. It was a weird situation all together. I didn't feel particularly moved by the experience. I went with a less popular girl from my ward and her grandmother who as I remember were both crying. I felt sort of obligated because they were the ones who bought my ticket. I can remember making the conscious decision to cry so I could "fit in" and so I didn't seem ungrateful for the tickets which apparently meant a lot more to them than me. I suppose I could blame this incident on "the cool kids were all doing it" but let's just say that wasn't the case. I believe this all happened the summer before I started high school.

Enough with me it's now time to tag anyone who would like to participate. Yeah I know this is kind of a cheap ending but I am totally tapped out on ideas here.


4 comments:

Jen said...

I can't even see the computer screen with the tears of laughter in my eyes! I love your honesty, it makes me feel so much better and to flavor it with humor...thanks! I still have an Anniversary card for Leon, not sealed, not signed, still in a Target bag since January...SAD! I am also an Oprah addict and LOVED Joey McIntyre, we are definitely kindred spirits!

Torrie said...

Ha Ha Ha! You are so funny. I still love the earring story. I love reading your blogs and everytime I do, it reminds me why I like you so much. I love your attitude and your take on life. Thanks for sharing some embarassing things about yourself. It's nice to start the day with a good laugh.

emily w. said...

You went to a NKOTB concert??? Why do I not know this? You know they're getting back together. Maybe you could muster up a few tears and we could hit a show this year.

Lindsey said...

You are so hilarious! How can so many interesting things happen to one person? I love the napping story. I just picture someone walking in their office in the morning to find a woman asleep on the floor. I'm sure this never happened, but it's entertaining to think about anyway.