Monday, March 17, 2008

vacation has officially begun

Last week was gorgeous in Amarillo. Everyday had high temperatures in the low to mid 70's. Just perfect... then spring break starts for everyone and we have horrible weather. Today for example had a high in the low 50's and it is totally foggy and misty all day long. YUCK!!
A good friend of mine is really sick so I told her I would take her four oldest children (ages 7-3) for part of the day so she could have a little easier day. I decided with a day like today we would have to go somewhere inside. I had a coupon for Chuck E. Cheese tokens so I made plans to meet a few of my friends there. All of us moms not only had our own children but we were all also watching someone else's kids too. The grand total was 17 kids between the 4 of us moms. Talk about birth control!!

It really wasn't that bad but there was a lot of conversations between me and the other moms that went something like this, "Have you seen Eric?" "Last time I saw him he was with Brooke." "Oh ok... he should be ok then... right?" "Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it." We all ate before we went to avoid paying like $18 for a large pizza. We spent 2 and half hours there and managed to spend 180 tokens between the 8 kids. Everyone walked away with about 75 cents worth of prizes. You gotta love it!!


It really was a good idea though. Unfortunately we were not the only moms in Amarillo that had this idea. The place was PACKED. I really do love how they stamp each kid with the invisible stamp and WILL NOT let you leave the place until they verify that everyone in your party has the same number. That is a great idea!!!


Tomorrow looks like more of the same weather but I think we have spent enough money for the next few days. We will have some friends over to the house rent a movie and have a "picnic" on our living room floor. Hope things are just as exciting for everyone else out there.



SIDE NOTE:
Ewwww... As I was typing my last sentence Jake (who was sitting next to me by the computer) jumped out of his chair and took about 5 steps before he threw up all over my bedroom floor. He then took about three more steps before the next round started. I know he was trying to get to the bathroom but jeez he was only like two more steps from it when he stoped to do his business... sigh.... More birth control.
SIDE NOTE 2:
My good friend Torrie ALWAYS calls Chuck E. Cheese, Chuck E. Disease could it be? Does it work that fast? Hmmmm.... Just a thought.

3 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I did the Chuck E.Çheese thing with Spencer, Ashton, Sarah and Clare a couple of months ago. We all said the same thing when we walked out--"Well, that wasn't as gross as I thought!" Maybe it should be their marketing campaign slogan. It's better than, "Insanely expensive pizza and prizes!" Hope Jake feels better FAST.

emily w. said...

You're a good mom for making the effort. Every time we drive by my girls give me the big sob story about how the NEVER get to go there.

Torrie said...

If it makes you feel any better, Sevy threw up on me a couple hours later too. She has been sick for a few days though so it didn't have anything to do with the Chuckster (not this time anyways). We thought she was over it--guess not.
I love how Riley was dressed up for the occasion complete with sparkley red shoes. Always a fun time with you! I'm with your mom on the slogan--not as gross as you think, but definitely a good hand washing afterwards.