Saturday, March 15, 2008

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

I meant to post this picture with my Albuquerque post but forgot.



What do you think? Is this 'caution people crossing' sign looking a little fat? I might be wrong (actually I know I'm not wrong... I'm just saying that because it's polite to act humble) but, I believe the traffic sign makers of America are perhaps trying to make a statement about the obesity epidemic. Actually I don't know what kind of statement they are trying to make. Maybe we all got so fat that the typical driver had no idea what type or species of animal the old stick man represented in these particular caution signs. Maybe this particular intersection in Albuquerque had a horrible rate of pedestrian accidents because the average driver was only on the look out for very fit walkers therefore unfortunately missing the more heavy set walker crossing the road. Well what ever the case might be as a plus sized American I'm sure proud to see that I am now more accurately being represented in yet another facet of life.

I still however might have to contact the ACLU about bringing some kind of case against the traffic sign people because the Americans with no hands or feet population of this nation have really monopolized things for way too long.

6 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

And what about the bald, no-neck types?

Erin Lemons said...

That made my day--you are so funny

Jen Wolff said...

I needed a good laught today! Before I read your post, i was thinking the person was a little chubby.

Torrie said...

You are so funny. I thought the same thing about the picture looking a little different than usual but you put it in more hilarious terms!

emily w. said...

That was hilarious!

Jen said...

I was looking at the picture and couldn't help but think...does that guy look familiar? Sadly, yes. You are too funny! There is nothing better than laughing out loud and having the whole family come running to read and laugh with you! I am really bummed I missed your call Saturday. We'll have to coordinate this better!