
I have had so many kind people comment, email and call to see how thing are going with our family. Things are really going very well. Both my mother and niece are doing much better. They are both still in the hospital Abby, my niece has pneumonia and as a result low blood oxygen levels. She is really feeling pretty good but they don't want to release her until she can go 24 hours without oxygen assistance. Emily says she really does good during the day however her oxygen dips down when she tries to sleep so they have to put her on oxygen at night. The doctors also continue to order chest x-rays hoping to see the pneumonia cleared up.
I actually talked to my mother on the phone today for a second. She sounds very weak but the fact that she was talking to me is a huge improvement. When she was taken to the emergency room on Wednesday night she was diagnosed with sepsis which is basically an all over the body infection. She had been at the doctor's office on Tuesday and was told she had both bronchitis and pneumonia. She started breathing treatments and antibiotics but I guess things continued to spread until she was very critical on Wednesday and had to be taken to the hospital. She is no longer on the ventilator and no longer on an insulin drip (her blood sugar had spiked to around 700). The doctors have taken her off the sedation medication as well so she is awake and thinking clearly again. She continues with her IV antibiotic and breathing treatments to try and get her lungs stronger. My mom also is struggling a little with regulating some of her different levels. The doctors are taking her blood and then having to give her booster shots of different things that are too low or high. She is technically still in ICU but my Dad thinks she will be moved to a regular room as soon as one opens up. My mother has used up yet another of her nine lives and needs to slow down... I don't know how many more she has left!!
I want to thanks everyone again for everything they have done. The prayers have been amazing I know I personally feel the support and prayers being said on our families behalf. I have told some friends that I was such a panicky mess on Wednesday and Thursday but after the prayers started being said I felt such peace. Thank you, thank you, thank you...
***SIDE NOTE*** I am sure I violated HIPPA laws left and right in this post... If my friendly blog lurcher from the US government is reading again please don't turn me it. I'm like 91% sure my mother and niece don't mind me posting about their medical business.
I actually talked to my mother on the phone today for a second. She sounds very weak but the fact that she was talking to me is a huge improvement. When she was taken to the emergency room on Wednesday night she was diagnosed with sepsis which is basically an all over the body infection. She had been at the doctor's office on Tuesday and was told she had both bronchitis and pneumonia. She started breathing treatments and antibiotics but I guess things continued to spread until she was very critical on Wednesday and had to be taken to the hospital. She is no longer on the ventilator and no longer on an insulin drip (her blood sugar had spiked to around 700). The doctors have taken her off the sedation medication as well so she is awake and thinking clearly again. She continues with her IV antibiotic and breathing treatments to try and get her lungs stronger. My mom also is struggling a little with regulating some of her different levels. The doctors are taking her blood and then having to give her booster shots of different things that are too low or high. She is technically still in ICU but my Dad thinks she will be moved to a regular room as soon as one opens up. My mother has used up yet another of her nine lives and needs to slow down... I don't know how many more she has left!!
I want to thanks everyone again for everything they have done. The prayers have been amazing I know I personally feel the support and prayers being said on our families behalf. I have told some friends that I was such a panicky mess on Wednesday and Thursday but after the prayers started being said I felt such peace. Thank you, thank you, thank you...
***SIDE NOTE*** I am sure I violated HIPPA laws left and right in this post... If my friendly blog lurcher from the US government is reading again please don't turn me it. I'm like 91% sure my mother and niece don't mind me posting about their medical business.

9 comments:
I am so glad that everything is getting better. I was worried about you Wed. night, but know that you can handle almost anything.
We have everyone's names on the prayer roll at the temple.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
So glad to hear that things are getting better. Know that you and your family are loved and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad everyone is on the mend. Even though hospitals are no fun, it's nice to be taken care of and put on the fast track to getting better. I'm relieved to hear your mom is better. And poor Abby--hopefully she won't need supplemental oxygen much longer and she can get back home to her own bed soon! We'll keep praying and keeping everyone in our thoughts!
I am so glad to hear your girls are doing better. I called my mom today to let her know about your mom. I will update her - she was waiting until your mom got into a reg room to go and visit.
We will continue the prayers - after all your family is worth it!!! luv ya
So happy to hear everyone is on the mend!
Glad to hear they are getting better. Love your side note.
Thanks for the updates!! I'm glad to hear that they are doing better. Hopefully by now there is even more improvement!!
My prayer list keeps getting longer! My goodness Eliza!! I hope everyone continues to get better and if you need me to help your mom with anything I'm a little closer than you! Let me know!!
Today (Monday) I talked to my mom again and she is now in a regular hospital room and is getting stroger everyday. She has even been taking short walks through out the day. The only set back is that her blood sugar is doing crazy things. Her body doesn't seem to have any control over it so she is needing lots of insulin to regulate it. The doctors are all a little baffled by this but worst case senerio is that she will need to be on insulin when she gets out. We will take that any day!!
Abby is now home taking another couple of days off school so she can recover compleatly. They expect she will be back to school on Wednesday. She has been diagnosed with asthma so she will be on a daily regiment to keep her healthy. Everything is turning out wonderfully and I know it is large part because of all our good family and friends who have remembered our family in thier prayers. Thanks again!!
Post a Comment