Friday, April 18, 2008

a gross moment

A gross conversation I had with Riley this morning read at your own discretion:

Riley: yelling from her room "Mom..."

Me: "What's wrong Riley?"

Riley: with tears running down her face, "someone barfed on me last night!!"

Me: looking around at her bed and seeing dried up throw up on her pillow and sheets, "Riley are you sure you didn't throw up last night?"

Riley: "No!! Why would I throw up in my bed?!?! Brookie did it!!"

Me: yelling from Riley's room, "Brooke..."

Brooke walks in.

Me: "Brooke did you barf on your sister?"

Brooke: looking at me like I'm an idiot, "No..."

Riley: "She's lying!!"

Me: "Riley I really don't think Brooke threw up on you I think you did it when you were sleeping and you just don't remember. Does your tummy hurt?"

Riley: "Will I get to stay home now?"

Me: "I guess if you don't feel good you can stay home today."

Riley: "Yeah I don't feel good and plus my hair is crunchy from barf so I have to stay home today."

I continue to get ready for work and get Brooke and Jake ready for school. As we are leaving for school I hear Riley asking Jeremy this question:

Riley: "Daddy can you make pancakes for breakfast?"

7 comments:

Torrie said...

That reminds me of "Hey! Who ate my hamburger?!" I love how she's offended that you would even think she threw up on herself. The way a child thinks is so funny and the way Riley thinks is hilarious. Cute girl!

clare said...

I think Riley is a genious! However that barf got there (seems awfully fishy) we know one thing: Riley got a day off, pancakes and a little attention. If only I knew how to set that scenario up when I was little. Maybe Riley is taking things into her own hands since she's "unlucky". Your kids are so stinkin funny and cute!

Taylors said...

This reminds me of when you and I stayed home "sick" and threw Jello Jigglers at the wall because they stuck. There is something very liberating about staying home from school. In this case someone really was sick were just not sure it was Riley!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard! That was an awesome post!

Mom/Linda said...

Where was I when you were throwing jello at the wall?

emily w. said...

I DISTINCTLY remember when you barfed in the top bunk and it dripped down onto my bed below. Tell Riley I feel her pain.

Eliza said...

I really don't think that everyone is getting this... I mean there is no question that it was Riley who got sick. There was not a scrap of evidence on Brooke or her bed that would make me believe differently. This is just another example of my sweet Riley and how her funny little brain works!!