Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring break!!!

Is anyone else TOTALLY ready for spring break? I can't tell you how much I need this. I really do love my job in fact I always say that I feel lucky that I like going to work and feel satisfaction in my work. That being said I can't believe I only have one day left. I go to work tomorrow and then I am off work for the next 10 days. I had all kinds of plans for what the kids and I would do during our time off school but things have taken a turn for us. The original plan was that I would drive to San Antonio with all the kids and visit Em and her family. Mom liked the idea so much that she bought a plane ticket and flies down on Saturday. Then things changed... for one thing the accident put a "dent" in our plan and then Jake's dermatologist suggested that we go down to Dallas to meet with a doctor there. I called the new doctor's office and found out that they have their psoriasis clinic open on Tues and Thurs. I knew the best think would be to go down there during our spring break. We are really excited (well Jeremy and I are excited...not so much Jake) to have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Menter. Dr. Menter is the president of the International Psoriasis Council. He has written several articles and books about psoriasis and treatments. He works along side Baylor University where he also works on studies and with a research team. Jake's severity and age make him a little bit more rare with his condition and Jake's Amarillo dermatologist wants to start him on a kind of injection that he reads studies about for treating children with psoriasis. His one reservation is that he has never actually had a patient this young that he has put on the shots before. He really wants to have Dr. Menter provide a second opinion for him. We will be leaving on Thursday the 20th early in the morning then we will spend the night in Dallas and hopefully find something fun and special to do together on Friday. I will be taking Jake and Riley both, I figured it was her spring break for her too and she would love to have a little mini trip. I would love to take the whole family down and make it a family affair but Jeremy is stuck working. I have wonderful friends who have volunteered to take Morgan and Brooke while daddy is at work. I really hope for great things to come out of this trip. Jake is doing ok but there is definitely some room for improvement. His rash has improved in color but none of it has really gone away. It's just much lighter.

If anyone out there knows of any cheap exciting kid friendly things to do in Dallas let me know. Cheap is the word I am stressing the most here :).

9 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

LOVE the new look of the blog! Aren't we lucky to have a semi-pro blog decorator in the family? I am going to take on the challenge of researching some fun and free things to do in Dallas and will get back to you.

Mom/Linda said...

P.S. Thank you (or Emily) for taking down the bruise picture. It made me a little queasy every time I logged on. LOVE the picture of you and Jerm. Who says romance is dead????

emily w. said...

We will sure miss you guys next week but I'm glad that Jake gets to see the specialist. I hope he can offer some hope.

P.S. Didn't know Jerm was all about the PDA...cute picture :)

Emily said...

LOVE your new look!! Em did an awesome job on it!! YES, I am SO excited for spring break! My kids aren't the only ones who don't have to go to school next week!! Have fun on your trip!!

emily w. said...

Liza--

I just looked at Kiahna William's blog and it's almost identical to yours. I PROMISE I did not mean to copycat. If you want I can work something else up for you.

Kiahna--

I'm so sorry. I guess great creative minds think alike (and also visit shabbyprincess.com)

karen said...

I too am glad to see your bruise gone and Love the picture of you and jeremy. Maybe next time you have the chance to go to SA I could meet up with you too. That is if its after June. Love the look of your blog. Its great.

Tam said...

This is how sad my life is - I didn't even know spring break was coming up!!! Maybe I will keep better track of things next year when I have a kid in school.

I hope everything so well in Dallas. I didn't know this until I read your post but psorisis (sp?) runs in my dad's family. It can't be fun and to be Jake's age can't make it any better. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Mom/Linda said...

Liza--you have enabled all kinds of crazy protections on Riley's blog that makes it really hard to get on or leave a comment. Emily and I have both commented on her blog, but it says comments have to be approved by the blog author. Give all the kids a big hug and kiss for me! LOVE YOU ALL!

Jen Wolff said...

I am totally jazzed for Spring break! Love my job, but miss my kids more! I am so glad to hear that Jake gets to see a specialist as well! I'll pray that it's a positive outcome for y'all! Have fun!